Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3/GT2 Seats + Fire Extinguisher

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
GT3/GT2 Seats + Fire Extinguisher

I have a C4S with the US spec sport bucket seats (option P04). I'm planning to do a few DE's this year, and one of the requirements is that I have a fire extinguisher mounted in the car. As far as I understand, the Porsche one will not work, as that mounts directly to the seat, which you cannot do on the sport bucket seat. What do people use instead? Someone recommended a Brey-Krause mount, but said that it does not move with the seat. Do they make one that mounts to the sliders instead and will move? Are there other better options or should I just go with the non-moving one? Any help is appreciated.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
I have a C4S with the US spec sport bucket seats (option P04). I'm planning to do a few DE's this year, and one of the requirements is that I have a fire extinguisher mounted in the car. As far as I understand, the Porsche one will not work, as that mounts directly to the seat, which you cannot do on the sport bucket seat. What do people use instead? Someone recommended a Brey-Krause mount, but said that it does not move with the seat. Do they make one that mounts to the sliders instead and will move? Are there other better options or should I just go with the non-moving one? Any help is appreciated.
hey camhabib we do have ours for those seats...
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=11

Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
If you are also installing a five or six point harness with an anti-sub bar it may impact your choice for under seat mount. Sharkwerks will know a solution if you talk to them about it.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 PM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
+1 on the Sharkwerks fire extinguisher kit. First rate quality.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 AM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
anyone ever try the GRIOT's choices? Not sure how they would mount...

Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I got the sharkwerks kit installed in my car with the GT3 sub bar and Cobra SuzukaS seats. I just remove the fire extinguisher when Im driving around so that passengers dont have a hard time getting in and out. Quality is great and without the fire extinguisher you can see the really cool cutout of the sharkwerks logo.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
I was originally a little put off by the price of the sharkwerks setup, due to the fact that my local shop was going to get it all set for quite a bit less. However, after researching both setups, it seems the sharkwerks is worth the few extra dollars. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Aboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the roughAboy.GT2 is a jewel in the rough
Here is the Sharkwerks mount and extinguisher with GT3 seats. Great product and you can finish the extinguisher in different colors if that matters to you.

Attached Images