Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 GT3 vists from Kansas for World Challenge package upgrade what a road trip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
2010 GT3 vists from Kansas for World Challenge package upgrade what a road trip!

Gents

One of our friends and fellow 6speeders take his new 2010 GT3 on a road trip and visits GMG for the World Challenge package.

Here are some build pics............ More to follow:

Roll bar being installed. ( GMG RSR Bar)

More pics to follow

Including suspension, exhaust and wheels.

Enjoy..

Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
more info please!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
It was quite a road trip. For those who want to know about the comfort of the Sport Bucket seats, I drove 3200 miles round trip in them including a 1000+ mile/day stint in each direction with no difficulty. The quality of service and work provided by everyone at GMG was outstanding.

The work performed included:

European spec ride height and allignment
GMG RSR roll/harness bar powder coat red
GMG rear dog bones
GMG toe steer links
Anit-sub bar and 6-point harness install
GMG WC sport center section in thermocoat black

The car handles and tracks perfectly and sounds great!

Last edited by 58spdstr; 09-27-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 AM
gt3rs. is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I'm jealous!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! Simply stunning! Kudos to you for a tasteful looking build and set-up. And kudos to GMG for keeping standards high.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
+1. Marvellous car, color, and build. Time to get it to track.

Those sport buckets are simply the best.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
The perfect 911. Simply amazing.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Very nice.

Question, The roll bar you guys installed goes together in sections? If so how does it attach? Slip fit with a bolt, ect? And I assume it is PCA / SCCA legal as far as safety goes for track days or "racing"?

Again, nice work.

-Troy

Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
????

Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Awesome GT3 and outstanding work.
Enjoy and best of luck.

Ranger

Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Very nice.

Question, The roll bar you guys installed goes together in sections? If so how does it attach? Slip fit with a bolt, ect? And I assume it is PCA / SCCA legal as far as safety goes for track days or "racing"?

Again, nice work.

-Troy

I will defer to Fabryce for the details on the bar construction. My track time is typically sanctioned (PCA, BMWCCA, etc.) DE type events and this solution meets that need.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
WOW amazing. Need a passenger next time just send me a PM

Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Very nice.

Again, nice work.

-Troy

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes the bar meets POC/PCA requirements.

Its made of chromoloy and is tig welded.

It bolts together with special machined clamps and uses aerospace hardware.

No cutting required of the car or drilling holes.

More info can be found at

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml

Personally I would not go racing with a bolt in roll bar-- I would do a minimum 6 point cage.

But I have heard of some customers racing with our roll bars in there cars- it depends on the sanctioning body you are running with along with the risk you are willing to take.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 09-29-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes the bar meets POC/PCA requirements.

Its made of chromoloy and is tig welded.

It bolts together with special machined clamps and uses aerospace hardware.

No cutting required of the car or drilling holes.

More info can be found at

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml

Personally I would not go racing with a bolt in roll bar-- I would do a minimum 6 point cage.

But I have heard of some customers racing with our roll bars in there cars- it depends on the sanctioning body you are running with along with the risk you are willing to take.
Thanks for the info.

Lastly, does the top hoop touch the headliner? I have seen some roll bars out there that "smash" up into the head liner. How would you say the roll bar fits in respect to the over all fitment to the interior panels and headliner?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

-Troy

Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the info.

Lastly, does the top hoop touch the headliner? I have seen some roll bars out there that "smash" up into the head liner. How would you say the roll bar fits in respect to the over all fitment to the interior panels and headliner?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

-Troy

Troy

The rollbar has a better than factory fit.. Many 6speeders have our roll bars installed in there cars and love them.

There are no issues with the rollbar hitting any components.. We dont make rookie mistakes like that.

Check out the pictures in our project galleries.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 vists from Kansas for World Challenge package upgrade what a road trip!