Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Video: Living @ 8800rpms with SharkWerks 3.9L GT3RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Video Video: Living @ 8800rpms with SharkWerks 3.9L GT3RS

Hey folks, over the past few months SharkWerks has been developing/proofing our 3.9L 997GT3RS 500hp engine thanks to our collaboration with our chums over at EVOMS. Those guys keep on going crazy with Turbos so somebody had to deal with the naturally aspirated engines eh? If you’re into dynos, track testing, exhaust sounds, racing et al. this video we put together (the wife using Avid) should have you covered. We’ve collected a plethora of footage over the last few months and in particular wanted to share some of the facets of real-time tuning made available now with the EVOMSit program. Being a curious lad by nature I always wondered why nobody ever really gets to see behind the (iron?) curtain. So what’s the actual process like? And what are the tools involved when it comes to the secretive “black magic” Porsche tuning? A blend of some very expensive equipment (ok and some skill), good hardware and the EVOMSit set up and we think we have some neat results. For those of you with EVOMSit software now you know some of the how and why. The last couple of years have brought forward some major breakthroughs in our little corner of the industry (just look at some of the EVOMS Texas Mile results) and there’s a lot more to come but for now here’s a taste….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

Last edited by sharkster; 10-02-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
WOW!!! Way cool man! My piggy bank is not going to like what comes next

Now Alex, all we need to complete the package is one of those Ken Block Gymkhama video with your ZKermit

Last edited by mikymu; 10-02-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 AM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
poor piggy bank but it's worth it :drool: this car is just insane to me...

Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. Great work guys.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
sprinty_rs4 is infamous around these parts
Insane! I'm sure you just helped the 997.1 GT3/RS resale market.....

Old 10-02-2009, 08:13 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=mikymu;2563658]

Now Alex, all we need to complete the package is one of those Ken Block Gymkhama video with your ZKermit

That would be cool. Total car **** guys. Nice job.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:13 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Very cool work guys, I was impressed to see how much it pulled on a 997.1 GT3RS and 997.2 GT3. Do you guys have lap time comparisons?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Any plans for the new 3.8L? Maybe a 4.1L or 4.2L????

DO IT!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Tupe is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Great work Alex! As usual, flawless execution. It's been a real joy watching (albeit from a distance as I don't currently own a Porsche) a local shop go from start-up to renowned tuner/builder over the past many years. A more gifted group of enthusiasts I haven't seen in some time.

Cheers
Rahmi

Last edited by Tupe; 10-02-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
very impressive. What does something like this cost?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
very impressive. What does something like this cost?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-upgrade.html

Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
WOW!!! Way cool man! My piggy bank is not going to like what comes next

LOL we've got some ways to go before that:P Dan/I/James were doing our best to get whatever footage we remembered to in 115 degree heat:P The car was the priority tho!

Originally Posted by mcr_driver
poor piggy bank but it's worth it :drool: this car is just insane to me...
Thank you!

Originally Posted by sayboy
Awesome. Great work guys.
Danke very much!

Originally Posted by sprinty_rs4
Insane! I'm sure you just helped the 997.1 GT3/RS resale market.....
Hope so! We've got two 997MK1 GT3s that are in the shop right now for the covnersion so we're all systems go:P

Originally Posted by HRTC

That would be cool. Total car **** guys. Nice job.
Cheers... it was so much fun during the process. EVO was so great to work with.

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Very cool work guys, I was impressed to see how much it pulled on a 997.1 GT3RS and 997.2 GT3. Do you guys have lap time comparisons?
Thanks Northvan I've got more footage and yes we'll be getting all the lap time stuff shortly too

Originally Posted by HRTC
Any plans for the new 3.8L? Maybe a 4.1L or 4.2L????

DO IT!
Hehe no 3.9 is as far as one could bore on this. Stroking isn't something I'd take lightly on the GT3 motor because I don't want to kill the way the car revs

Originally Posted by Tupe
Great work Alex! As usual, flawless execution. It's been a real joy watching (albeit from a distance as I don't currently own a Porsche) a local shop go from start-up to renowned tuner/builder over the past many years. A more gifted group of enthusiasts I haven't seen in some time.

Cheers
Rahmi
hey Rahmi, thank you ever so much for saying that and we're still just a few chaps that are a bit "odd" and trying to make our way but love Porsches through and through!

For more racing stuff here's another clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5NKJo7m4jo

Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
I am betting $20k

Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
SICK! SICK! SICK! SICK!

Love the TECHART logo on Cort's driving suit

Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
115 degrees at Willow ...OMG that is HOT!

I was at Thunderhill last week and it was near 100 degrees - I had to take my shirt off and drive topless lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Living @ 8800rpms with SharkWerks 3.9L GT3RS