Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 gt3 rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
is that 75k orange one for real? thats really low...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Without a doubt that's Fred's old RS. (pet frog)
It's astounding what's happened to Porsche GT3/RS and GT2 values.
So much for holding value.

Ranger

Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cnc
^
Make up your mind, or are you playing politics?
Okay, you got me! I have come full-circle and will stick with my first post, regardless what cute name the car has.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
It really is shocking. Tough economy, too many built for them to ever be collectible, and superseded by yet better versions. Someday I'll just have to 'settle' for a pre-owned RS. The 2010's are already beginning to call my name. I suspect there will be many irresistible ones for sale by 2012.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Without a doubt that's Fred's old RS. (pet frog)
It's astounding what's happened to Porsche GT3/RS and GT2 values.
So much for holding value.

Ranger

Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Sure look like Fred's RS without the stickers. I am a fan of the signal green RS but Fred's ride was over the top as far as green accent goes. Factory color scheme look the best IMHO. Here is Fred's RS at Infinion

Old 10-03-2009, 07:02 AM
suprasam is infamous around these parts
*drool*

Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
is that 75k orange one for real? thats really low...
22k+ miles. Includes extras wheels with track tires. Price is about right for a *serious* seller. These cars are not collectors items regardless of what someone might think (or hope).

The seller of this car at least got a lot of pleasure and enjoyment out of his financial outlay. Unlike the bubble-wrappers.

The more I see this unfolding the more it reminds me of the real-estate bubble with its flippers and "buy now, they aren't making any more land!" carnival barkers.

The GT3 and RS's are fine cars. But like 99.8% of cars, a depreciating asset.

Hard lessons being taught right now to those who claim "this car is different".

Now a real driving enthusiast can buy it and enjoy driving it!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:46 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
2008 GT3RS Black/Red/PCCB 4314 miles. Roll bar/Carbon package.

High bid : $91,500

*Reserve not met* Auction FAIL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...=p4506.c0.m245

The market says the prices are experiencing an "adjustment".

Old 10-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why this is such a shock to people. Porsche doesn't make money unless they keep making the "latest and greatest". How this works is that they (Porsche and the mags that Porsche pays) hype the next best thing and we (suckers fall for the biased reviews) buy into it hook, line and sinker. They release a small amount at first and dealers withhold info to build a frenzy. Then some suckers with $$$ pound their chests and pay $50K over MSRP for a car with cosmetic changes and 15 more HP. This happens with every new model and we keep falling for it. I believe that Porsche released the mk1 GT3/RS to give the competition a standard to achieve, knowing they where going to release the mk2 to beat the competition who based their cars off the mk1. This is strategy for them. And at the same time, it sells cars. If you ask yourself, can I burn $150K and still be okay? If the answer is yes, you can afford a GT3/RS. If not, don't get one, as it WILL depreciate and WILL eventually become outdated.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 335_II
thats freds old car
was thinking same thing, looks like someone took the champions off

Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice car....

Old 10-03-2009, 04:10 PM
TMH
TMH is infamous around these parts
Hey all, I manage the inventory at De Laveaga (have for the last four years)...this is Fred's old car, and there have been no impacts with the car to our knowledge, the Gemballa hood and carbon vents were put on simply because the owner liked them. The green accents may not be for everyone but can certainly be changed I've grown to like it simply because I think an RS should be over the top anyway, ha!

The Champion wheels can be included depending on the offer, the car looks and drives fantastic, and the seats are great.

-Tyler

Last edited by TMH; 10-03-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Tupe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I had a tough time believing the RS has quite hit the 75K mark so I decided to do some snooping around. This sure looks like the same car too me.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...=p4506.c0.m245

Not saying it is or isn't a scam...use your own judgment and proceed with caution; as one is located in Napa CA and the other in Virginia...

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tupe
I had a tough time believing the RS has quite hit the 75K mark so I decided to do some snooping around. This sure looks like the same car too me.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...=p4506.c0.m245

Not saying it is or isn't a scam...use your own judgment and proceed with caution; as one is located in Napa CA and the other in Virginia...
I just carfax it and the car is indeed from Virginia. It's seems fishy so please beware.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I don't understand why this is such a shock to people. Porsche doesn't make money unless they keep making the "latest and greatest". How this works is that they (Porsche and the mags that Porsche pays) hype the next best thing and we (suckers fall for the biased reviews) buy into it hook, line and sinker. They release a small amount at first and dealers withhold info to build a frenzy. Then some suckers with $$$ pound their chests and pay $50K over MSRP for a car with cosmetic changes and 15 more HP. This happens with every new model and we keep falling for it. I believe that Porsche released the mk1 GT3/RS to give the competition a standard to achieve, knowing they where going to release the mk2 to beat the competition who based their cars off the mk1. This is strategy for them. And at the same time, it sells cars. If you ask yourself, can I burn $150K and still be okay? If the answer is yes, you can afford a GT3/RS. If not, don't get one, as it WILL depreciate and WILL eventually become outdated.
Well said. I like the chest pounding part lol It is true that many got sucker into paying $30-50K over MSRP when the RS first came out then quickly saw their "smart" investment evaporate in the next 6 months. Same thing happened with Ferrari Scudaria and to a less extend Nissan GTR and the list go on. I love my RS but it's not the greatest or fastest car ever made which are validated every time I get pass by a Lotus or Z06 on the track. Car is not an investment but rather a passion.

Originally Posted by Tupe

Great find and sad to say one of these ad is a big fat scam ... most likely the one from Napa on auto trader. Just for fun, I call the Napa phone number and it goes straight to a fax machine. What a loser!

Originally Posted by TMH
Hey all, I manage the inventory at De Laveaga (have for the last four years)...this is Fred's old car, and there have been no impacts with the car to our knowledge, the Gemballa hood and carbon vents were put on simply because the owner liked them. The green accents may not be for everyone but can certainly be changed I've grown to like it simply because I think an RS should be over the top anyway, ha!

The Champion wheels can be included depending on the offer, the car looks and drives fantastic, and the seats are great.

-Tyler
Nice Tyler and thanks for the clarification. Good luck with the sale

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 gt3 rs