Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2007 gt3 rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
That is Freds old car Pet Frog...looks like they replaced the side window and took the vents off.

also looks like they took the graphics off.

i love that car

Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbomx5
something strange about that car. the carbon hood and the carbon vents on the nose make me wonder why the stock pieces aren't there. front end damage?

Also, the paint on the inside is a little over the top...
Your kidding right? A GT3RS owner mods his car with CF and it automatically becomes suspect to front end damage?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
This is one of my favorite cars ever made. Also, I love the green accents on the interior. This car has the perfect blend of Green and CF. To the people who say the green is too much...this is a GREEN GT3RS!!!! This car screams look at me, but the engine note says also listen to me!!! Porsche finally addresses some of the "pedestrian" or "boring" comments about their styling when compared to cars such as Ferrari or Lambo and then they get comments like some of the ones we're hearing in this thread, I guess they can't please everybody. I understand, the loud colors of the RS aren't for everybody, but that's why they also made them in white and black sans graphics lol (nothing against white and black RS's without graphics, they too are beautiful).

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PCH
Your kidding right? A GT3RS owner mods his car with CF and it automatically becomes suspect to front end damage?
err.... I agree.... means that any car that has had engine mods was also probably a blown engine or a rear ended car?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PCH
LOL werd!

Can't believe these prices im seeing.. I check GT3's often, and their prices are all always high, then these, almost cheaper then every GT3 i've seen non RS

An 02 GT2 just went for 90k too as posted on Rennlist, wtf is happening?!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PCH
Not sure why you need to take that tone. When I was in school, I ran sales at a new car franchise. MOST highline cars that came in with aftermarket body parts did so because the modified parts were cheaper that the replacement OEM ones. My post doesn't say that it automatically had accident damage, but without any context other than an online ad, you would be setting yourself up for a suprise if you didn't investigate it.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I wonder which mods are still on the car.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Geez I hope not to burst anyones "I bought a brand new GT3" bubble but after Dec 31st 2009 I would expect 997 GT3s and GT3RS's value/selling price to fall even farther. This is when I plan on jumping on one of them.
Makes you wonder again what the 2nd year depreciation will be on a 2010 .....

And what the hell a 997 GT2 will fetch after Dec 31st 2009.....this will be painful to say the least

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree with people who said car is not an investment.

I plan to keep my RS for 10+ years. That will average out to less than $17K per year. Not a lot to pay for if you're a car guy using the car on the road and track for fun.

I will not care one bit how much the car will depreciate the way I think, as I will never need to sell my cars to feed my family.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
that is my old car and all they did was put the stock side rear mirrors back on and also remove all the decals.

agree that I put a lot of green inside but hey each to their own you know but the car in person is even better then in the pics that's for sure.

as for price, it's all about finding the right buyer and negotiating on a price.

however gets this car will have one of the best track cars bar none!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
I need to get a bank loan!!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fredttx50
that is my old car and all they did was put the stock side rear mirrors back on and also remove all the decals.

agree that I put a lot of green inside but hey each to their own you know but the car in person is even better then in the pics that's for sure.

as for price, it's all about finding the right buyer and negotiating on a price.

however gets this car will have one of the best track cars bar none!
Fred, good to see you posting over here. We miss you over here on the 6. How about some pix and a mod list of the Zebra!!! Don't be a stranger around here!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbomx5
Not sure why you need to take that tone. When I was in school, I ran sales at a new car franchise. MOST highline cars that came in with aftermarket body parts did so because the modified parts were cheaper that the replacement OEM ones. My post doesn't say that it automatically had accident damage, but without any context other than an online ad, you would be setting yourself up for a suprise if you didn't investigate it.
What tone? Just more then surprised at your attitude on the subject. Not sure when you were in school or what type of dealership you worked for however, it's common place for Porsche owners especially of GT cars to replace OEM parts with aftermarket. And in most cases these are not less expensive but significantly more. I highly doubt you'll find anyone on this fourm that would raise an eyebrow of suspicion with the addition of CF on a Porsche.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
I think the prices are amazing. The $75k car seems like a great deal. The car should be fine for plenty of miles and I think everyone should be sobered to the fact that this is not a car to invest in and store for profit.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
75K car is a scam, I originally posted it on another forum and some guys looked at it. A scam.

If you have an RS for 75K, any milage, no damage, clear title call me and I will buy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 gt3 rs