Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

could not sleep last night......got my RS allocation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
A430v is infamous around these parts
250 for North America. US allocations should be coming in November per my dealer...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Again Targa Tim my congrats and best of luck. If the No. American allocation is 250 then you are a lucky man. I wish you the best.
Personally I'd go with white with red graphics/wheels.

I will call my Champion Porsche guy tomorrow to see what's up.

Ranger

Thanks Ranger.

I hope you'll get an allocation and not be nailed by some stupid markups.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Tim, congrats on the allocation. The RS should have a little less understeer coming out of Britannia Beach than #13...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
911dev is that 250 for the world or No. America?
You are definitely sure of that number?
If that # is world distribution then that's a lot less than the 997.1 GT3RS.

Ranger
I heard 250 for NA, but who knows for sure.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM
whitecoupe is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Cant wait to see it on the street!
saw you the other day in Downtown. Are you going to trade in your car?
They broke my heart when I traded in my car days ago.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by whitecoupe
yeah, must suck driving a Lambo now!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitecoupe
Congrats on Lambo!!!

Let us know what color (or post a picture) so I can wave at you on the street.

Need to bring #13 for appraisal, if the price is ridiculously low, I'll just keep it as my grocery car.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
Tim, congrats on the allocation. The RS should have a little less understeer coming out of Britannia Beach than #13...
Thanks Lloyd.

Will be interesting to run along with your .1RS. What mods you have on your car?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
c2scanada is infamous around these parts
Hi Tim

Congrats on the allocation. Its going to be fun at Mission Raceway next year. There will be a couple of TTs chasing you down.

Darren

Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Congrats on Lambo!!!

Let us know what color (or post a picture) so I can wave at you on the street.

Need to bring #13 for appraisal, if the price is ridiculously low, I'll just keep it as my grocery car.
I am calling your rep and telling him you have abused it on the track. I will pay $1000 over the price they offer you

Old 10-05-2009, 07:03 PM
AllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Thanks Lloyd.

Will be interesting to run along with your .1RS. What mods you have on your car?
You're not thinking of mods already, are you?

I knew it wouldn't take long.

Get a bar and harnesses in there, not sure about the status of the rear toe link situation on the new car and if it's improved from earlier versions, but I'd upgrade that right away if it looks sloppy with tons of rubber in there. Corner balance and alignment and some sticky tires (should be a few aftermarket wheel suppliers available by April), better brake fluid and track pads and then track the crap out of it!

You're going in that direction anyhow so you may as well plan for it now.

Cheers,
Allan

Old 10-05-2009, 08:44 PM
@Allan,

No, I'm not planning any mods at all. I think the stock car is too much for my skill level for a while.

Yes, I agree on roll bars and 6 points belts. Alignment and corner balance will come after one track day.

Car comes with MPSC, which will be my dry track tires.

Knowing Vancouver, I actually needs a set of wet track/road tires. Any suggestions?

@Ed,

I will take #13 in for major service on Wed, will get them to do an appraisal as well.

@Darren,

Will be interesting to run with your 996TT for straight line comparison.

There are a lot of fast cars in Vancouver. It is too much fun!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM
AllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the rough
Why wait until after a track day to corner balance/align it? With earlier variants of GT3s, it seems like the alignment is kinda random after all the jostling on the boat and trucks. If I were in your shoes, I'd get it set up before the first track day even for peace of mind. Maybe not a crazy track alignment at first, but something decent to begin with.

Are those MPSC the "pseudo MPSC" tires? They'll be fine to start with. Right now I use PS2 for street/wet track. I'm looking to change to something else though, not sure what. I burn through the outside of the tires way too fast if the track is our usual mix of wet/dry throughout the day.

Good luck with #13!

Cheers,
Allan

Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
andytsai is infamous around these parts
congrats, I still remember seeing a 07 GT3 at my local dealer two years aog. I had insomnia for 3 days until I finally brought it home. Still couldn't sleep the night I took her home bcz I was too busy driving in the canyons. lol

Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by AllanJ
Why wait until after a track day to corner balance/align it? With earlier variants of GT3s, it seems like the alignment is kinda random after all the jostling on the boat and trucks. If I were in your shoes, I'd get it set up before the first track day even for peace of mind. Maybe not a crazy track alignment at first, but something decent to begin with.

Are those MPSC the "pseudo MPSC" tires? They'll be fine to start with. Right now I use PS2 for street/wet track. I'm looking to change to something else though, not sure what. I burn through the outside of the tires way too fast if the track is our usual mix of wet/dry throughout the day.

Good luck with #13!

Cheers,
Allan

Points well taken re: wrong alignment after transportation.

I read that the new MPSC is an improved version. Since they come with the car, I have to try them out anyway.

A patient of mine tracked a set of Yokohama AD08 at the last Mission Day and he said highly of them. This may work for a wet/road setup, but need to check sizes availability

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: could not sleep last night......got my RS allocation