Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

could not sleep last night......got my RS allocation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:22 AM
AllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Points well taken re: wrong alignment after transportation.

I read that the new MPSC is an improved version. Since they come with the car, I have to try them out anyway.

A patient of mine tracked a set of Yokohama AD08 at the last Mission Day and he said highly of them. This may work for a wet/road setup, but need to check sizes availability
I just don't want to see you take your brand new car out to Mission with a potentially messed up alignment. Way too many walls to hit.

I can't wait until next spring!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
If it like the GT3RS.1, and you are going to track it - unless you are already racing in a pro series, along with the alignment, do the following:

-Keep the front sway bar just shy of its tightest setting
-Keep the rear sway bar as "loose" as it goes.

You will understand if you push the car hard on the track. However, the sway bars on version 2 may be set up different than on GT3RS.1.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
andytsai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AllanJ
Why wait until after a track day to corner balance/align it? With earlier variants of GT3s, it seems like the alignment is kinda random after all the jostling on the boat and trucks. If I were in your shoes, I'd get it set up before the first track day even for peace of mind. Maybe not a crazy track alignment at first, but something decent to begin with.

Are those MPSC the "pseudo MPSC" tires? They'll be fine to start with. Right now I use PS2 for street/wet track. I'm looking to change to something else though, not sure what. I burn through the outside of the tires way too fast if the track is our usual mix of wet/dry throughout the day.

Good luck with #13!

Cheers,
Allan
totally agree. for some reason my last set of MPSC rear tires only lasted 2600 km(no track nor autocross at all). Tire shop said my alignment was way off. However, those MPSC were installed by Porsched dealer, I guess alignment is really important in those tires

Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim

Car comes with MPSC, which will be my dry track tires.

Knowing Vancouver, I actually needs a set of wet track/road tires. Any suggestions?

Personally I prefer the Pirelli P-Zero Corsa's over the MPSC'S any day and all day. In addition the Pirelli's are superior in the wet over the MPSC's.
In dry conditions I prefer the Hoosier R6's.

Once again congrats, the 2010 GT3RS looks outrageous. A street RSR.

Ranger

Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I see Porsche USA has the new RS on it's site and even in the build a Porsche.. The red and grey looks so dope... 450hp is nice too..