Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

saw a fake GT3 in alhambra today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 12:34 PM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
I don't live in Alhambra and don't care much about that place. But what you saying don't make much sense to me....I think they have road bumps and horrible driveways(if not more) in Westwood, Beverly Hills, West LA, East LA, Pasadena, Holloywood, J-Town and all other greater Los Angeles area. When it comes to drving lowered cars. Scrapping is part of life.

As for Savoy, I don't remember them having a "parking lot. I still think they have dirty cooks, fugly servers w/ no clue in customer service and after all, their chicken rice is really horrible and rice is missing the chicken flavor. I'm just saying you guys (Savoywhore) should try other places in the area if you want some good Hai Nan Chicken.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:11 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
what is Hai Nan Chicken?? chinese version GT3?!

i thought this is a Porsche forum...

Old 11-26-2004, 02:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by luting_chen
tofumann:
b/c it's way too low to get around... there are roadbumps and etc... and the driveways are just terrible...

not b/c i got something agaist alhambra... i love the place... i go there all the time... more than westwood... but just not a good place for low low car... i scrape my carbon lip all the time...
no kidding... people don't know how to drive/park there... pure asian style!

i never drive my Hai Nan Chicken there. instead i take my parents' car.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:48 PM
CA 996 is infamous around these parts
Arling what's that red stripey sauce on your Hai Nan Chicken?

Old 11-26-2004, 04:45 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by tofumann
I don't live in Alhambra and don't care much about that place. But what you saying don't make much sense to me....I think they have road bumps and horrible driveways(if not more) in Westwood, Beverly Hills, West LA, East LA, Pasadena, Holloywood, J-Town and all other greater Los Angeles area. When it comes to drving lowered cars. Scrapping is part of life.

As for Savoy, I don't remember them having a "parking lot. I still think they have dirty cooks, fugly servers w/ no clue in customer service and after all, their chicken rice is really horrible and rice is missing the chicken flavor. I'm just saying you guys (Savoywhore) should try other places in the area if you want some good Hai Nan Chicken.
i guess now i got myself into trouble for saying that i don't drive my porsche around alhambra... hahahahaha
well if you really have to pick on my words in particular about savoy... u got me... yes they don't have a parking... but i don't think when i drive over there.... savoy is the only place that i have eat in and that i don't think i said savoy is the only place i go to when i visit alhambra. i'm only saying that i like their food... if u dont...great... i care less about it... however i guess i'm just the "savoywhore" that just happened to like those "horrible rice and missing chicken flavor"
i nevertheless do know that there are other places out there that have better food, however i don't know where they are, perhaps you can mention a few...
but it just happen that savoy is more convenient for me to drive by and pick up. and I don't find it that bad at all...
And I do hang out around the area for more than 5 days in a week... and yes i rarely drive my p-car over there b/c in fact there ARE lots of bumps and driveways... and that's why i always take my jeep... so i can care less about bumps and driveway... a thing i call daily driver...
and it just happens that i like cruising around westwood and santa monica area with my p-car where the views are nicer...and where valets are easier to find... and u do have to agree with me that rodeo area's bumps are nevertheless more driver friendly compared to those around alhambra...
and now if you have problem with that... i guess i have no more to say...

Last edited by luting_chen; 11-26-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't think you offened anyone(not me) by saying that you "don't drive your p-car in Alhambra". But like i said, potholes are potholes and posers are posers....they exist everywhere.

MY POINT WAS/IS-----If you don't wanna drive your car in that area because of the crazy Asian-driving/parking-style, it would be more understandble to people and I totally agree with that.

Perhaps you can enlight me on the differences between friendly potholes and regular/bad potholes. And I assume you normally avoid driving over potholes and steep driveways...but you let valet park your non-daily-drive aka the p-car?

It's not the place, it's the people who drive around there.

Last edited by tofumann; 11-27-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:35 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
PF Chang's 4 life !

Old 11-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Panda Express is THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah, i let the guys below 2 rodeo drive to park my car... of course with me watching till it's parked...
never had problem w/ that... but i do avoid valets that gotta park my car to somewhere unseen~~~

haha... and i'm one of those crazy asian driver i guess hahahaha

Old 11-28-2004, 11:21 AM
stuka is infamous around these parts
When my Turbo was at the dealer for the known fuel line disconnect inside the tank problem, and I was driving the loaner Mazda, I came across some loser like that on the 101, and this is what I did, with my friend still on the phone...

"Dude, I think that's a white GT3."

"Really? Cool! What kind of wheels does it have?"

"Dunno, let me get next to it."

Then I got next to it, and noticed the sunroof.

Then we came to a complete stop, and what the? What is he rolling forward with the brakes on?

So I of course, still in my Mazda, pulled up to him and honked, gesturing for him to roll down his window.

"Hey man, nice car!"

"Thanks!"

"Hey, I didn't know GT3's come with automatic and sunroof."

Then I raised my window and ignored the poseur.

And my buddy's laughing his **** off at the other end of the phone.

Old 11-28-2004, 11:54 AM
stuka is infamous around these parts
I go to Alhambra all the time, and also not in my Turbo.

I can't stand the way that they partition the parking lot there, dude, we are NOT in frigging Taiwan, the spots don't have to be soo frigging small. If you park your car in the lots in Alhambra, you WILL get door dings.

And the crazy Asian drivers (don't worry, I am a FOB at heart, since I eat the pig blood cake at Sinbala)! The problem with Alhambra is that most of the drivers there have never driven in their lives until they moved to the States. Think back to how terrible a driver you were when you were 16. Now, imagine you were 45 and had to learn how to drive for the first time.

And that is why I always always drive my 325is beater there. I can't stand the Chinese food on the Westside, it is just terrible. So I have to go to Chinaville for my fix on the weekends. What can I say? I am a FOB at heart.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:40 PM
hey our asian Porsche gangs should get together sometime there...

Old 11-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 20C4S
hey our asian Porsche gangs should get together sometime there...
i know there are quite a few... haha
perhaps dinner sometimes are sea harbor restaurant off rosemead... (they're one of the branches from vancouver, not bad at all)...

Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
there is a Cayenne V6 in my apartment, she puts the badge as Cayenne S and guess what? it has 17" wheels (only V6 has it) and it has the black brakes LOL!

Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by luting_chen
i know there are quite a few... haha
perhaps dinner sometimes are sea harbor restaurant off rosemead... (they're one of the branches from vancouver, not bad at all)...
I agree...probably the best place in Los Angeles.

Sinbala...speaking of that place....their pork chop is not bad either.

I say civic DX with the SI badge tops it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: saw a fake GT3 in alhambra today...