Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

saw a fake GT3 in alhambra today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 20C4S
hey our asian Porsche gangs should get together sometime there...
we should have a chines food meet one time lol.. im down to eat FOB food too lol, im an FOB at heart.. and please no sweet and sour pork please lol j/k..

what ever floats your boat...

Old 11-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
hahahahahaha....you guys crack me up....from posers to, cities, to chinese food...lmao

Old 11-30-2004, 08:39 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
OK, here's this FOB at heart's list of good Chinese joints in Alhambra...

May's Cafe - Ask for Beef Noodle soup with chilli added. It's as close to the ones that you get in Taiwan as you can get, IMHO.

Ding's Garden - The mix platter (tripe, dried bean curd, seasoned beef, ludan, and seaweed Taiwanese style), ask for medium spicy. You'll be really sorry on your #2 trip the next morning if you order max spicy. Warning, go there only if you have no date, or has a girlfriend who doesn't care that you smell like garlic.

Sinbala - The best Taiwanese sausage. The Taiwanese chicken nugget and pig blood cakes are pretty good too. Oh yeah, and the taro cake.

Pete Wood's BBQ - I much prefer the taste over those in K town, and you don't have to risk your life/car going there.

That's my list of places with English names (I have a separate list of places with only Chinese names), and no, I don't bring the Turbo there. Between the microscopic parking spots and the crazy FOB drivers, it's just a matter of time before something happens to the Turbo. But if we all decide to have a meet there, I'll risk it with you all.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
talk about PURE OFF-TOPIC...!

Old 11-30-2004, 09:22 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
Ding's Garden's taste has changed slightly already... no longer my favorite...
I used to go there like 2-3 times a week... and I know the owner (the lady) personally...
but ever since after she sold the restaurant (along with the one down near san gabriel blvd)... the taste changed as well... no longer as good as b4...
she told me that she opened up a new restaurant near rowland height... however i lost her #... u got any clue?

as for FOB chinese restaurants
i'd say sea harbor restaurant on rosemead
Ah Zhong Mian Xian (hell... i don't know the eng name... hahahaha, i spelled it out in pinyin)... it's near ranch 99 supermarket...
well there are lots of other places that's good out there @_@
Lu Ding Ji on valley is not bad too... (off san gabriel blvd)

and hell yah... this is way off topic....wahahahaha

Originally posted by stuka
OK, here's this FOB at heart's list of good Chinese joints in Alhambra...

May's Cafe - Ask for Beef Noodle soup with chilli added. It's as close to the ones that you get in Taiwan as you can get, IMHO.

Ding's Garden - The mix platter (tripe, dried bean curd, seasoned beef, ludan, and seaweed Taiwanese style), ask for medium spicy. You'll be really sorry on your #2 trip the next morning if you order max spicy. Warning, go there only if you have no date, or has a girlfriend who doesn't care that you smell like garlic.

Sinbala - The best Taiwanese sausage. The Taiwanese chicken nugget and pig blood cakes are pretty good too. Oh yeah, and the taro cake.

Pete Wood's BBQ - I much prefer the taste over those in K town, and you don't have to risk your life/car going there.

That's my list of places with English names (I have a separate list of places with only Chinese names), and no, I don't bring the Turbo there. Between the microscopic parking spots and the crazy FOB drivers, it's just a matter of time before something happens to the Turbo. But if we all decide to have a meet there, I'll risk it with you all.

Old 12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
Ding's cafe in Rowland Hts that is!!! Nogales and Gale...South side of Ranch 99 Mkt. Taste as good as before and place is just a tiny bit bigger.

Old 12-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Speaking of Korean BBQ...I personally like couple of places as my FOB Korean friends told me.

1.) "Tahoe" at the corner of Wilshire and Wilton. Valet parking is good and they let you park it by yourself and keep the keys (if you ask). I love their Tahoe Kalbi (Marinted).

2.) "Safety Zone" at the corner of Wilshire and Havard. Parking is none...so park at the Aroma Center (Wilshire and Serrano) then walk east bound on Wilshire for 1.5 blocks. When you see Safety Zone, don't freak out cuz their patio is right behind it where you have one of the best korean BBQ. And yes, they only speak broken EngRish so be patient with the waitress. I strongly recommend the Kalbi (marinated) and the Black Pork Belly.

BTW...If you happen to be in SG area, try "Embassy" (right next to the pool hall) and they have the best home style (cantonese) cooking. Parking is none but u can park on SG Blvd. Try their Garlic Chicken, Stuffed Crab wrapped in Lotus Leaf, Stir-Fry Vegeterian Shark Fin.

As for Hai Nan Chicken...Tasty Choice (across from Embassy) is not bad. One little joint next to the Vons (Valley and New) is very good. I don't have the name but you can't miss it.

Last edited by tofumann; 12-01-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:32 PM
for K food...
try So Jon (wilshire grand hotel on 7th and fig)
cho san (olympic and western)
kobawoo (7th and vermont)

Old 12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by tofumann
Panda Express is THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
those are good places..just not too crazy about "Soul Jong" in Grand Hotel...that "Korean Royalty Food" got so many side dishes coming out of their kitchen and i feel bad for their dish-washers.

The potatoes pancakes from "Kobawoo" is damn good but i wish they wouldn't cook the bbq in the kitchen. As for Chosun.....it's all bbq.

What about "East Sea" (or some name related to water) next to Boba World on 7th and Vermont. Their seafood hot-pot is not bad and the special rice is dman good. I think they have one location in Rowland Hts too.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
How about it was a 99 C2 coupe with Aero kit....so it had a sticker on the windshield I would say paying homage, I go badgeless so me I am no POSER!

Old 12-03-2004, 04:04 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
I LIKE EATING HARDOCRE FOB CHINESE FOOD LOL.. ONLY PROBLEM IS I CANT SPEAK A LICK OF CHINESE SINCE IM FILIPINO... MY WIFE'S CHINESE but she's useless, cant speak mandarin *** yuen nothing...

if i get stuck at a hard core chinese rest. i have to resort to pointing at other people order..

one thing i do liek to eat but am lazy to drive to is .. din tai fung in arcadia, they have the best sha lung pao around.. IMHO

Old 12-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Still laughing... went out at lunch today and saw a nice looking 996 aero coupe (Fly Yellow). Waved, but the owner ignored me. Later I saw the car in a nearby parking lot, and as I'm thinking of picking up a taco wing I thought I'd take a look.

Full aero including rear trims. Sport design wheels. Sport seats. Sunroof. Nice 996. But the insignia on the rear cover: GT3. And the license plate: 996GT3.

So sad.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:08 PM
haha...
i saw a speed yellow turbo with gt2 kit in my school parking lot...
rear seat delete kit... auto(if i don't recall wrong)
and it has this badge of...."GT4" on it ^_^

Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 AM
otisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to beholdotisdog is a splendid one to behold
What's FOB food?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: saw a fake GT3 in alhambra today...