Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Can You Track The Status Of Your Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Question Can You Track The Status Of Your Build

Is there a way to track the status of the build up / ship date and ETA to port or dealer of my GT3? All I have at this point is whats listed below. The finish date for the build at the factory should be today based on what my dealer said when ordered, but who knows.

As of 10-01-09 this is what I have:

Order Reference: 2329774
Order Type: CUSTMR
Order Status: PLPROD
Port Of Entry: GCA
Allocation Period: A02

Again all this is as of 10-01-09

I am going to call the dealer tomorrow to try to get an update, just wanted to check with you guys first. You know how salesmen are.

Thanks,

-Troy

Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Ask for the est. comp date

Thats when things get interesting

Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I don't think you can actually track the status of your car in the factory (paint, power-train, final assembly, etc.) but unless there is a big problem at the factory your car will be done on the completion date. Then it will wait anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for a ship. You can track the ship across the ocean and sometimes even glimpse your car being unloaded at port. My car was a 2009 TT and it sat in port about 4 weeks and that was so painful!

Through the Panama Canal

Sitting in Port:

Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
I will call me dealer today and get a status on the order.
Hope he does not give me the run around on the status.

How do you track The ship status?

Thanks, Troy

Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Well I did get my VIN today.