Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

for GT3 - Diff btwn GMG and RSS Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unique
where can the front extensions be purchased for the oem cage.

thanks alot fellas
FVD Brombacher has it..

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...Groups%29.html

Old 10-27-2009, 03:11 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
thanks alot omaha

Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
So after all that what roll bar is the best choice?

I want a roll bar that is PCA/SCCA legal for solos and DE events. Something that offers some protection for a roll over not just for show. I want the roll bar to have a cross bar to connect the shoulder harnesses for the belts. It must bolt in to a factory / oem mounting point. I do not want a bar the requires drilling or hacking up the interior. The bar must fit correctly not rubbing the head liner or the B pillar covers. Lastly the bar must be squeak free. I want this thing to fit tight and not make a sound. BTW, to me it is kind of strange how the roll bar make squeaking noise anyway. I have had roll bars in four cars and never had one make a sound.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I got the GMG roll-bar from another member on here and it does everything you described and I haven't had any creaking from it.

Nothing but two thumbs up.

Looking into possibly moving to an E46 M3 as a dedicated track car and returning the turbo to a daily driver so I may be selling mine soon on the forum. Hopefully deciding this week.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:47 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
So after all that what roll bar is the best choice?

I want a roll bar that is PCA/SCCA legal for solos and DE events. Something that offers some protection for a roll over not just for show. I want the roll bar to have a cross bar to connect the shoulder harnesses for the belts. It must bolt in to a factory / oem mounting point. I do not want a bar the requires drilling or hacking up the interior. The bar must fit correctly not rubbing the head liner or the B pillar covers. Lastly the bar must be squeak free. I want this thing to fit tight and not make a sound. BTW, to me it is kind of strange how the roll bar make squeaking noise anyway. I have had roll bars in four cars and never had one make a sound.

Thanks
I have the GMG RSR bar in my 2010 GT3. It resembles the OEM bar in that it attaches to the B pillars and the rear shock mounts. It is chrome-moly and is angled back a bit to accomodate more rear seat travel. It serves its purpose for DE events well and makes no extraneous noise. GMG did my install so it looks like an OEM part. It's also powder coated RED

Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
I have the GMG RSR bar in my 2010 GT3. It resembles the OEM bar in that it attaches to the B pillars and the rear shock mounts. It is chrome-moly and is angled back a bit to accomodate more rear seat travel. It serves its purpose for DE events well and makes no extraneous noise. GMG did my install so it looks like an OEM part. It's also powder coated RED

OK great. Do your harnesses attaches to a cross bar on the roll bar? I can tell were the belts are attached by your photo.

Thanks for the pics and input. I am so much waiting for mine.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
OK great. Do your harnesses attaches to a cross bar on the roll bar? I can tell were the belts are attached by your photo.

Thanks for the pics and input. I am so much waiting for mine.

The shoulder harnesses wrap around a cross piece on the bar.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
The DAS rollbar is great.

Vivid Racing has a bar that allows the braces to unbolt so that you can still uses the back when you are not racing. (Great if you still take the kids to school).