Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

for GT3 - Diff btwn GMG and RSS Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM
hughp3 is infamous around these parts
for GT3 - Diff btwn GMG and RSS Roll Bars

They look identical. RSS is a good bit less and does not describe their bar construction. GMG says chrome molly which is ideal. Anyone have knowledge of these? thanks

Old 10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hughp3
They look identical. RSS is a good bit less and does not describe their bar construction. GMG says chrome molly which is ideal. Anyone have knowledge of these? thanks

+1

Time to order my roll bar soon.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Please pm me for promotional pricing on RSS sways.. Gotta take care of my GT3 guys =)

Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Please pm me for promotional pricing on RSS sways.. Gotta take care of my GT3 guys =)
They're looking for Rollbars not sways, but I'm guessing you got excited and that was just a typo...or...Maybe it's your ploy to subliminally tell them that they need both Roll bars AND sway bars lol Upselling, it works...Would you like fries with that? Fries huh? Yes, yes I would thank you very much

Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Guys this has been discussed before.. We no longer make the roll bar which is being made by other companies for a reason.. Do a search on the forum for details.

We have updated the design to allow both seats to be moved all the way back a feature not available on the first generation design.

Happy to help any 6speeders with questions and recomendations on safety

I would recommend the following:

GMG RSR Roll Bar:

New design based on the 997GT3 factory bar- but made of chromoly and no cuutting or driling of the chassis required to install,. Can be installed on all 996 and 997 models except cabriolet.

Or

GMG World Challenge Harness/Roll Bar

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml

Feel free to email for more info:

Thanks for the support guys..

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 10-26-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
I went with the RSS bar. Looks great, fits well, and no creaking.

Neither the GMG nor RSS bars is as visible as the factory bar from the quarter windows.

RSS vs factory-

Also, with the factory bar you can add the front extension.

I am planning on switching to the factory bar. Will it fit a GT3? Does the factory bar creak?

Attached Images    
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
does the gmg bar allow for front extensions?

or is that rss bars only

Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unique
does the gmg bar allow for front extensions?

or is that rss bars only
I think he means the factory can add the front section, not the RSS or GMG. Both RSS and GMG make great stuff though.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
I as guessing the full cage is no very user friendly for day to day use? Getting in and out of a car with a full cage leaves something to desired.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
I as guessing the full cage is no very user friendly for day to day use? Getting in and out of a car with a full cage leaves something to desired.
If your job is racing cars it is no big deal.

All kidding aside, I know some one who uses his 996GT3 with a full cage on the street, I am sure it is a PIA though.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 PM
bob
bob is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
The biggest problem with a full cage in a street car is that there is no safe way to pad one for a non-helmeted head. The soft padding is too soft and useless if you hit the bar hard and the hard dense foam padding is too hard for a bare head.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I had the factory (OEM) rollbar as in the GT3RS in my 997GT3 and IT CREEKED LIKE HELL!!
This no matter what the guys at Champion Motorsport did. It drove me nutz. When selling the GT3 I was worried this could upset the potential buyer.
Fortunately the power and suspension mods were so awesome the buyer was convinced it was a great car. Despite the annoying creeking.

Ranger

Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
The front section only works with the OE factory RS roll bar, and it doesn't obstruct getting in and out because there is no side impact protection like in the race cars.

Good point about hitting your head with the front section. Still want it though.

That's a shame about the creaking Ranger. Would you go with a different bar if you were doing it again? Could anyone make a replica RS cage with front extension creak-free?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
If you are driving to the point that you feel you need a full front bar, then get it done right and have a custom cage done by a real race shop. Donlt waste your time, money, or safety on a bolt in cage.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 AM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
where can the front extensions be purchased for the oem cage.

thanks alot fellas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: for GT3 - Diff btwn GMG and RSS Roll Bars