Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Picked up the GT2.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:38 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Picked up the GT2.

Found an 08 GT2 w/ 400 miles black/black, and traded in the C4S on it yesterday. Unbelievable car! Here are my short impressions:

Pros: Great steering feel and I love the overall light feeling, especially the front end compared to my C4S, which felt like a pig compared to this thing. Shifter is perfect, just simply perfect, and I had the sport shifter on my old car. Ride is great, not too harsh for daily driving by any means. And the power...oh, the power...

Cons: None, really, there is some turbo lag, but I expected that. Heavy clutch, which is fine but tiring in stop and go chicago traffic, but not a problem for me as I live far enough away from the city that I"ll mostly be hitting back roads and the occasional track. The front lip spoiler scrapes, sometimes even when you take a vary sharp angle going into an incline, not a problem as it can be replaced.

I couldn't be happier, the car is so light and powerful with point and shoot steering, it's ridiculous! Can't wait to get it on a track next year!

-A

Some crappy iphone pics attached.

Attached Images     
Old 11-01-2009, 01:45 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJag
Found an 08 GT2 w/ 400 miles black/black, and traded in the C4S on it yesterday. Unbelievable car! Here are my short impressions:

Pros: Great steering feel and I love the overall light feeling, especially the front end compared to my C4S, which felt like a pig compared to this thing. Shifter is perfect, just simply perfect, and I had the sport shifter on my old car. Ride is great, not too harsh for daily driving by any means. And the power...oh, the power...

Cons: None, really, there is some turbo lag, but I expected that. Heavy clutch, which is fine but tiring in stop and go chicago traffic, but not a problem for me as I live far enough away from the city that I"ll mostly be hitting back roads and the occasional track. The front lip spoiler scrapes, sometimes even when you take a vary sharp angle going into an incline, not a problem as it can be replaced.

I couldn't be happier, the car is so light and powerful with point and shoot steering, it's ridiculous! Can't wait to get it on a track next year!

-A

Some crappy iphone pics attached.
Congrats! That is a powerful beast. Any mods in mind?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Not sure yet, haven't even really researched what's available, though anything that would help w/ the turbo lag and a little stronger exhaust note would be nice. Suggestions?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
What an amazing car, congratulations!

Old 11-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by AlexN
What an amazing car, congratulations!
Thanks! I've wanted a turbocharged 911 for as long as I can remember, was hoping to get one by age 35, and I beat that by a couple yrs.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Not sure yet, haven't even really researched what's available, though anything that would help w/ the turbo lag and a little stronger exhaust note would be nice. Suggestions?
My only suggestion is hold on tight! That is one powerful beast and I don't think there are too many things needs to be done except maybe make it lighter which will make the car even more agile. I am currently working with an aerospace engineer for a lot of special custom carbon fiber parts for my Superleggera and I can assure you the quality otherwise I wouldn't put them on my Superleggera. How would you like to have custom made carbon fiber door panel that will match the factory weave pattern as well as lighten up some weights? Congrats again for the lovely GT2.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Congrats!! a 997 GT2 = Awesome!!

Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks! I've wanted a turbocharged 911 for as long as I can remember, was hoping to get one by age 35, and I beat that by a couple yrs.
Well my friend this is not just another turbocharged 911. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE 911 GT2!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Congrats!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
you forgot two pros:

1) its yours...
2) the sound....it's such a beautifuly sounding car.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

well done. Hoping to get into a TT 911 in the next couple of months as well

Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Iheartboost2 is infamous around these parts
just a suggestion, I believe thier is a suspension lift for the front end that lifts the front end via pushing a button. If I recall sharkworks used it on one of thier cars. Looks to be a great set up and have been in chicago and in some of the burbs, the lift kit will come in handy.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
congrats on a great car!!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Pure sex...Holy crap that car is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:21 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Congrats man! You have a PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up the GT2.