Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

BRracing GT3 - not your std dd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in on the related ride height question. The ride height the car was set at was a competition spec which we get from Porsche Motorsport as with any race car set up it is adjusted dependent on the track you are running on.

Mobonic, to answer your question yes this was our WC-GT3 car - Since BRRacing is now a partner to GMG they felt that they needed a car to showcase the World Challenge line of performance products that GMG makes and what better way then to do it on a GMG WC-GT3 so they purchased it... I miss that car!!

Brakes

The car came equipped with PCCB's we had no choice. The Stoptech BBK kit was a solution that we developed with Stoptech in World Challenge that is proven in competition and a very cost effective upgrade for these cars whether they have PCCB and or standard brakes.

Thanks for the support guys.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Nice looking GT3 guys. Hope we can connect at the track one of these days

Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DAVE W
fyi, The Corsas are not limited to PCCBs

yeah i agree on my non-pccb 997.1 gt3, i had Corsa's. also i've seen a few non-pccb 997.2 gt3's with corsa's as well.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Since the news is broken on the new brake set up for the 2010, wanted to provide some pics comparing the new Stoptech system vs the original PCCB set the car had.
The new Stoptech STR system is based on the race system, and you can see this from the artfully and carefully scolloped calipers. The finish on these is the race finish, built to take the heat and abuse that track days and racing will produce. They have been lightened where possible, but no where in a way that takes away from the strength and rigidity needed for optimum performance. The result is a caliper that is superior in strength, yet lighter than the PCCB caliper....the same approach that the carbon approach desires....lighter weight, but without any drawbacks or trade-offs. The key in any design is the little design elements that separates the regulars or main stream solutions from the specials. The whole approach w Stoptech that makes one of the key differences is that the caliper is specifically designed for the particular application. This is not just another caliper off the shelf, this is a particular caliper designed and tested for the specific match of needs and requirements for the Porsche. Take a special look even at the caliper pistons....I'm sure this will elicit some interesting responses and comments alone.
We've attached some initial pics of the brakes...more specifications, weights and details to follow....

Attached Images     
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned
And, if you haven't tried the brakes (either, the new ones we're detailing here, or the factory setup), be ready for a far different feel than the 997.1 system or the 996. The pedal is FIRM...real firm, almost feels like a traditional non-assisted race system. When you want to haul this baby down....it will haul the baby down...it throws out the anchor and plants it....make sure you're not wearing any loosely attached items, even your teeth fillings may come flying out. This is the way brakes ought to be....flat out amazing. You better anchor yourself well in the seat, or you may find the steering wheel a lot closer than you wanted...
More pics of the two systems, and again, w the Stoptech system, we can pick and choose the right combination of pad compounds and match the braking bite to the need or requirement.

Attached Images     
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BRracing
And, if you haven't tried the brakes (either, the new ones we're detailing here, or the factory setup), be ready for a far different feel than the 997.1 system or the 996. The pedal is FIRM...real firm, almost feels like a traditional non-assisted race system. When you want to haul this baby down....it will haul the baby down...it throws out the anchor and plants it....make sure you're not wearing any loosely attached items, even your teeth fillings may come flying out. This is the way brakes ought to be....flat out amazing. You better anchor yourself well in the seat, or you may find the steering wheel a lot closer than you wanted....
lol

Now that is some serious stopping power. I never like the 997.1 PCCB and still don't like it's unpredictable stopping power with stock pads on track. I am sure the stoptech system cost some pretty pennies. I will be changing my PCCB to steel brakes next year - likely GT3 cup steel rotors front and 997.2 GT3 steel rotors in the back if it fits. Aggressive pads all the way around of course

Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Banned
Mik, as you may recall, we have a 996 TT customer who had the PCCB system, who also did not like the PCCB setup, and was also alarmed at the cost to replace, and the wear rate on both the PCCB rotors and pads, and we switched out the rotors from the PCCB rotors/pads to the new Brembo steel rotors/Pagid pads. He still has this setup today (Brembo steel rotors), and we just came back from a track session at Laguna last week. The calipers are still the same calipers that were used w the PCCB rotors/pads, but we swapped out the rotors to the new Brembo rotor units, and have tried two different pad combinations. We originally started w Pagid Orange, and this past week switched over to a combo PFC setup (97's and 01's) to get the right balance, and we can definitely say that the stopping power and balance w the combination of the Brembo steel rotors and PFCs is awesome.
The Brembo's also are hardly showing any signs of wear. We installed the new Brembo setup in June of this year, and we now have 8 heavy track days on them, and they look great.
The change in pads combination also helped in settling the rear down under severe braking. With the Pagids, we were still seeing a little too much bite in the rear vs the front (we had Orange on both the front and rear), but not enough bite overall, so the result was the rear still felt a little light and would wiggle just a tad....just enough to give cause to the confidence under severe braking (I'm talking about really aggressive braking). With the PFC set up, we now have great braking bite overall (could move the braking point forward on the track from before), and the pads are working well from a longevity (we got 6 track days out of the Pagid pad combination).
Happy to take you for a ride in either the new 997.2 GT3 we have w the new Stoptech solution, or the 996 TT w the Brembo/PFC setup to give you a sense of how all of them work. We will be at TH on Saturday Nov 14 w the GT3 if you want to come around. The customers 996TT will be back at Laguna in December.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
Can you post detailed weight information on the STR kit compared to the 997.2 GT3 PCCB kit? weight from rotors and calipers.

PCCB have proven to be track worthy with the right pads (Pagid P50 green used no more than 50%), but I would like to consider the added weight of the Stoptech STR over the PCCB system.

Rotating and unsprung weight is the most critical weight in any car. I know for a fact that the new 997.2 GT3 cast iron brake system (standard brakes) is 50 lbs heavier than the 997.2 GT3 PCCB system.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Can you post detailed weight information on the STR kit compared to the 997.2 GT3 PCCB kit? weight from rotors and calipers.

PCCB have proven to be track worthy with the right pads (Pagid P50 green used no more than 50%), but I would like to consider the added weight of the Stoptech STR over the PCCB system.

Rotating and unsprung weight is the most critical weight in any car. I know for a fact that the new 997.2 GT3 cast iron brake system (standard brakes) is 50 lbs heavier than the 997.2 GT3 PCCB system.

Thanks
I have this information if you would like it but it is back at the office and we are at SEMA right now. Let me know if you are interested in this and how we can help as we again spoke to Stoptech today about the STR and ST kits available and I am happy to relay the information that you are looking for.
Will let you guys know the numbers upon our return home.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
yeah i agree on my non-pccb 997.1 gt3, i had Corsa's. also i've seen a few non-pccb 997.2 gt3's with corsa's as well.
Fern and others,
You are correct and this was a mis type on our part when posting the original post. I am going to change this.
Thanks for the notification.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
prodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the rough
Willl you be around the shop this weekend? Was hoping to check out the GT3 on saturday

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prodrive0
Willl you be around the shop this weekend? Was hoping to check out the GT3 on saturday
We will be at the shop this weekend and I guess you will be one of the firsts to see the new toys on the car and the roadmap that is laid in front of it for development for the Porsche enthusiasts.
Feel free to email me with a time of when you would like to drop by.
brracing@gmail.com

Thanks

Robb

Old 11-04-2009, 12:41 AM
prodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BRracing
We will be at the shop this weekend and I guess you will be one of the firsts to see the new toys on the car and the roadmap that is laid in front of it for development for the Porsche enthusiasts.
Feel free to email me with a time of when you would like to drop by.
brracing@gmail.com

Thanks

Robb
I will probably be there around 1 or so. Very excited to see it

Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Good to see the Stoptech's on the 2010 GT3. I have been using Stoptech brakes (ST40 calipers, SST lines 355/32mm slotted Aerorotors) with PFC 01 compound on my VW track car for ~5 years. I look forward to seeing results of your efforts posted since I will be receiving a 2010 GT3 w/PCCBs by yearend; subscribed

Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
kush is infamous around these parts
Good luck with the build.

I have a question about the 997.1 GT3s you swapped brakes on. I'm planning on doing the same thing (switching to Brembo rotors). At that point are you able to use any pads? What was your opinion of the best set up? PFC or was that for just for the TT?

TIA. Have fun with the new toy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BRracing GT3 - not your std dd