Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recaro, Sparco seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by huy
thanks, i used to work in the industry and raced extensively, so its not too impressive for me to know that.

yeah, those should fit you as well... definitely the seat to buy if you fit.

Well if the standard S does not fit I can always get the S GT.... just need to find one to try out...

Jason

Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
check with Sube Sports here in Huntington Beach. thats where i tried them out.

the standard Suzuka is a tad tight on me, so it may fit you. like i said, the GT is just too big and if you're on a track you don't want so much movement.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by huy
check with Sube Sports here in Huntington Beach. thats where i tried them out.

the standard Suzuka is a tad tight on me, so it may fit you. like i said, the GT is just too big and if you're on a track you don't want so much movement.
Yep, going to check that place out... hopefully they fit!

Jason

Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
I responded to your PM and for your size there is really only one choice for a fixed back bucket...the SPG XL.

I went what you are going through now, did extensive research, and came away with what I think is the right choice for a "big" guy.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
I responded to your PM and for your size there is really only one choice for a fixed back bucket...the SPG XL.

I went what you are going through now, did extensive research, and came away with what I think is the right choice for a "big" guy.

Yep appreciate the PM...

I like the Cobra's for their looks and weight and they exceed FIA standards.

However, Recaro is my first choice for several reasons. One of them being that they are the OE supplier to Porsche.

I imagine that after trying out several seats the SPG XL maybe the way to go!

Do you have any pics of them installed????

Jason