Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS allocation: mooty needs data and help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
I am "special" so I plan to pursue this. I did not call them, they called me. Or they can buy my car back! LOL

Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
sprinty_rs4 is infamous around these parts
The part I never understand how deposits are taken and it seems that there is no written agreement like "MSRP." Did they say they would sell you a car at MSRP or market price? I think PNA need to revamp the process for the sale of these limited cars either via production, market and MSRP allocations, maybe even a Lottery.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
How what Ferrari did once....you could not resell the car at a markup!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sprinty_rs4
The part I never understand how deposits are taken and it seems that there is no written agreement like "MSRP." Did they say they would sell you a car at MSRP or market price? I think PNA need to revamp the process for the sale of these limited cars either via production, market and MSRP allocations, maybe even a Lottery.
Nice idea, but not gonna happen. The people at Porsche dealerships that buy "heavy" cars get to walk in and get em. Without being on a list. We can easily bump someone off due to purchasing power. We don't even need to make a deposit. More than likely that is what happened here. Makes it very difficult for the dealership with a customer pushing around weight. I know this doesn't sound good, but it is what occurs.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Nice idea, but not gonna happen. The people at Porsche dealerships that buy "heavy" cars get to walk in and get em. Without being on a list. We can easily bump someone off due to purchasing power. We don't even need to make a deposit. More than likely that is what happened here. Makes it very difficult for the dealership with a customer pushing around weight. I know this doesn't sound good, but it is what occurs.
i dont know about other areas, but in nor cal, pretty much every RS owner knows each other and 16 of us had an RS party together when the .1RS was out. when these stunts are pulled, we keep that in our hearts and we know who cut in front of the line.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
Sorry about your situation with the dealership. It really isn't right, and they should give you the car at MSRP.

The good thing is that you are in NCAL, so you have many options: Stead, Rector, Carlsen, Fremont, Livermore, Niello, Marin. I say you turn it around on them, and go to one of the competitors locally, or head down south, or even just buy out of state. Then bring your new car to their service bay just to say "hi".

They won't budge, so you should get the best deal possible.

Last edited by RiceEater; 11-09-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mooty
i dont know about other areas, but in nor cal, pretty much every RS owner knows each other and 16 of us had an RS party together when the .1RS was out. when these stunts are pulled, we keep that in our hearts and we know who cut in front of the line.
Local dealers keep "lines" or lists. I just think that they keep quite a few spots open just in case. I could have spelled that out better. I don't specifically walk in there and act that way. I prefer NOT to be first, because you have to pay an unnecessary premium.

In this case, he got jacked around and I would be just as pissed.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RiceEater

The good thing is that you are in NCAL, so you have many options: Stead, Rector, Carlsen, Fremont, Livermore, Niello, Marin.... or even just buy out of state. Then bring your new car to their service bay just to say "hi".
Carlsen is the one seeking "high-bidders" and mooty's antagonist in this story (tho he is trying to avoid naming them).

The BAD (not good) thing is trying to source an RS in the Bay area. N. CA dealers are probably the least likely in the USA (aside from NY dealers) to offer a MSRP deal on this car.

Out of state is easy and the only way to go.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
sprinty_rs4 is infamous around these parts
I don't think buying a $50K car over MSRP (Market price?) is on anyone's top priority in these financial times. Sure one or two checkbooks will fight over a couple but still IMHO there will be plenty of RS cars sitting. Of course they will be loaded because the dealers ordered them that way. Unfortunately, a basic RS is probably not on any Dealer's agenda/order and is what you seem to want.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I am sorry to hear the story. Even rich people do not have money right now. I hope the dealer chokes on the deal.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I am sorry to hear the story. Even rich people do not have money right now. I hope the dealer chokes on the deal.
Well said. Does anyone know what dealers are trying to get "over" on the cars?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
My original dealer, with whom I was "1st" on the list with did not get his hoped for allocation. So in the past 24 hours I located an allocation at a different dealer, in another state, and placed my order. Which is now in the PCNA system.

At MSRP.

Luck= Preparation meeting opportunity. And I firmly believe one makes their own luck.

If you want an RS, and don't have any preconceptions about dealer loyalty or what state that dealer is in, you can likely place your order today.

Dealers playing the plus $25-50k bull**** need to be called out and allowed to slowly choke on their allocations.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
My original dealer, with whom I was "1st" on the list with did not get his hoped for allocation. So in the past 24 hours I located an allocation at a different dealer, in another state, and placed my order. Which is now in the PCNA system.

At MSRP.

Luck= Preparation meeting opportunity. And I firmly believe one makes their own luck.

If you want an RS, and don't have any preconceptions about dealer loyalty or what state that dealer is in, you can likely place your order today.

Dealers playing the plus $25-50k bull**** need to be called out and allowed to slowly choke on their allocations.
You order Aqua and Gold?????

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
You order Aqua and Gold?????
Yeppers

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
Yeppers
Sorry. I saw it on your signature right after I posted. I'm getting Gray/Black with guards

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS allocation: mooty needs data and help