Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS allocation: mooty needs data and help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:15 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
RS allocation: mooty needs data and help

after years of helping thousands of porsche nuts in person and online, i need some help today....

please post if you have CONFIRMED RS allocation at MSRP.

build date.
what state your selling dealer is located in?
if you dont mind disclosing your dealer's name, great. otherwise i understand.

my dealer, whom i bought 17 porsches from (7 GT3 in total) and 3 audis, and 2 vw's, told me that this is NOT a msrp car.
and i will not get one at msrp.
i like to prove them wrong.
or perhaps dealer loyalty is not worth much now days?

Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Doesn't sound like loyalty means a whole lot to your particular dealership.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:43 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my recommendation -- get another dealership. I agree with Sloth. The new 2010 R8 pre-sold to a loyal customer at my local dealership for MSRP. I know it's not an RS, but those R8's have been going above MSRP. I'm sure they could have sold to someone else for MSRP+, but what's the point of being a loyal customer without any perks?

Sorry to hear they're not flexible for you. Sounds as if you've given them a lot of business.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Re "Here's my recommendation -- get another dealership". Taylor, you are missing the point of the OP. The 220 or so '10 RS allocations are already spoken for at all US Porsche dealers. He can't just go to another dealer and order his '10 RS now. Too late for that. I am #3 at my small Porsche dealership in N. CA and they'll be lucky to get one '10 RS. So I am of no help. But I hope others that have received their '10 RS allocations and are ordering their vehicles at MSRP can help out Mooty by letting him know this basic information. With it, he can use it to make his case to his dealership that many (indeed perhaps most, given this economic recession) '10 RS are being sold at MSRP without a premium. z356

Old 11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have been loyal to my dealers for years, and it seems like it is dependent on the people that you deal with. If you don't get the deal you want, go up the ladder at the dealer. I have success asking fo the one in charge, as most people don't want to have there boss know that they are not capable of doing there jobs, in this case keep a good customer happy. If this doesn't help, buy the car if you still want it, and go see another dealer. Try to develop a relationship with the new dealer based on service and the hopes that you will support them the way you supported the other dealer. Z356 is correct, if you walk from this car, good luck finding another from another dealer. In this economy, I am surprised that a business is willing to gamble away the business of a really good customer!

Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
thank for all your help so far.
but what i need is data points of who and where they get msrp cars from.
the dealer has allocation, SEVERAL..... just not at msrp.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
Well I have an interesting story. I put a deposit down on a RS 18 months ago with little expectation that i would get one. The dealer called me to say that they were getting 2 and that I was 2 on the list. I go to the dealer and talked for 90 minutes on how, where and for how much to sell my GT3 for. He said to sell it for what you can get for it. He never said that my order was a maybe. Even gave me a copy of the order guide and told me when i would be specing the car. I sold my car and I get a call today saying that I won't be getting the car.

My "contract" said MSRP.

They are calling PNA to see what they can do, but I think its all BS. I am out a car. I am wondering if I can get any traction at PNA? I think that i will fight this hard...since my car is gone. I can get access pretty high up.

I have spent close to a mil in new cars. Never been jerked off like this before!

Old 11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kscheible
Well I have an interesting story. I put a deposit down on a RS 18 months ago with little expectation that i would get one. The dealer called me to say that they were getting 2 and that I was 2 on the list. I go to the dealer and talked for 90 minutes on how, where and for how much to sell my GT3 for. He said to sell it for what you can get for it. He never said that my order was a maybe. Even gave me a copy of the order guide and told me when i would be specing the car. I sold my car and I get a call today saying that I won't be getting the car.

My "contract" said MSRP.

They are calling PNA to see what they can do, but I think its all BS. I am out a car. I am wondering if I can get any traction at PNA? I think that i will fight this hard...since my car is gone. I can get access pretty high up.

I have spent close to a mil in new cars. Never been jerked off like this before!
Very sorry to hear your story, and mootys. I fear we are about to begin hearing this story too frequently... My local dealer is starting to sound like a soft backtrack... hmmmm. Will know more in a few days.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:29 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Z356
Re "Here's my recommendation -- get another dealership". Taylor, you are missing the point of the OP. The 220 or so '10 RS allocations are already spoken for at all US Porsche dealers. He can't just go to another dealer and order his '10 RS now. Too late for that. I am #3 at my small Porsche dealership in N. CA and they'll be lucky to get one '10 RS. So I am of no help. But I hope others that have received their '10 RS allocations and are ordering their vehicles at MSRP can help out Mooty by letting him know this basic information. With it, he can use it to make his case to his dealership that many (indeed perhaps most, given this economic recession) '10 RS are being sold at MSRP without a premium. z356
I see your point, and how you interpreted my email as missing the OPs point. Yup, I understand he's looking for data to support that at least 1 other dealer is selling an RS for MSRP so that he has ammo.

I recall long ago when the Miata came out and those were going for nearly 2x MSRP. Even in more recent times, Ford resurrected the T-bird and those were going for $20K+ over MSRP. Simple supply/demand equations.

However, if I were to own a Porsche dealership, and I had an allocation (or 2) of the RS, what great goodwill would I garner if I'd let those go for MSRP... Sure, perhaps I could sell them for $10K or more over MSRP and put another $10K or $20K to my bottom line. But wouldn't the goodwill of being one of the only dealers to sell for MSRP be worth it more? This same situation happend with that R8 -- they sold it to a loyal customer for MSRP. Just my perspective.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
I wish you guys the best of luck acquiring a 10 RS at MSRP. However I believe that it is going to be a difficult find. Those that were able to lock in at MSRP or below were just plain lucky or have a great dealer. Having lived through the RS.1 craziness, I have seen a lot of good deals gone bad and dealer relationships ended, including mine. I ended my relationship with a dealer because they got a better offer and left me out in the cold. I ended up going to a new dealer and have not stepped a foot in my old stealership in nearly 2 years and have no intention of ever returning.

Good Luck!

Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by WildBill
I wish you guys the best of luck acquiring a 10 RS at MSRP. However I believe that it is going to be a difficult find. Those that were able to lock in at MSRP or below were just plain lucky or have a great dealer. Having lived through the RS.1 craziness, I have seen a lot of good deals gone bad and dealer relationships ended, including mine. I ended my relationship with a dealer because they got a better offer and left me out in the cold. I ended up going to a new dealer and have not stepped a foot in my old stealership in nearly 2 years and have no intention of ever returning.

Good Luck!
Good for you! It's rare to find a dealer that understands the profit potential of having long-term customers.

In my case, Porsche of Olmsted was top-notch. I'd buy from them again even if I lived across the country.

To the OP -- hope you get the data you're after, and perhaps some good anecdotes as well that may be used (in the event the real data is sparse, and or not favorable to you).

Old 11-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Sure, perhaps I could sell them for $10K or more over MSRP and put another $10K or $20K to my bottom line. But wouldn't the goodwill of being one of the only dealers to sell for MSRP be worth it more? This same situation happend with that R8 -- they sold it to a loyal customer for MSRP. Just my perspective.
you are right on.
i provide them at least 10 sales a year since 2002.

Last edited by mooty; 11-08-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
With that many cars bought from them something sounds fishy.I think I would be knocking on the owners door or Mr.Penski"s if its one of his dealers.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
If my situation is not rectified then I will make sure that another cent from my circle is not spent within that auto group. 3 of my senior executives are due for new cars this year. I'll start there and then discretely ramp it up from there. (As a CEO, I know many of the local CEOs very well) I'll do this until the sales guy who screwed me is selling cars for Kia.

HE CALLED ME to say that I had a car coming, then pulled the order after my car was sold. Never in all of my years has this happened to me.

They said that they will see if they can get a car from another dealer via PNA. I doubt that will work. I would take a GT3 allocation at a discount, but I'll still be upset.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I am getting an RS and ordered the car last Saturday. Price has not been set and the manager treats loyal customers fairly. I estimate the car to be "over" but don't think much. Maybe none.

Total US allocation is about 240-250 and PCNA is holding back 26 for special people.

The dealership in Austin will not likely get another car. Only large dealers have say in that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS allocation: mooty needs data and help