Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Easy cup splitter mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, but it's probably a pain in the a$$ to drive around town...

Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Have to take my cup splitter off and go back to stock... Cant get out of my Court onto the main road. That extra inch lower kills it for me

Oh well

Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcw
Have to take my cup splitter off and go back to stock... Cant get out of my Court onto the main road. That extra inch lower kills it for me

Oh well
NO! really? have to try taking the dip at 45 degree? I have no problem with my Cup splitter but I have to be careful ...

Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts

Oh well
This is what I had to buy to get out of my driveway....

http://www.bridjit.com/

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
NO! really? have to try taking the dip at 45 degree? I have no problem with my Cup splitter but I have to be careful ...
Done all angles. The dip out of my court onto the public road is just too severe. My drive way is bad enough but there’s enough room to come off at an angle.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
This is what I had to buy to get out of my driveway....

http://www.bridjit.com/

Thought about that... just not pratical as its not my driveway causing the problems

Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Done all angles. The dip out of my court onto the public road is just too severe. My drive way is bad enough but there’s enough room to come off at an angle.
What!? You live at Fremont and not England right?

That must be a moster dip. You can always put the Cup splitter back on for track use. Have you try backing the car out instead? I have to do that with my crazy driveway

Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
That must be a moster dip. You can always put the Cup splitter back on for track use. Have you try backing the car out instead? I have to do that with my crazy driveway

It would look really weird backing up to a restaurant's driveway...

I had a problem getting out of a driveway of a restaurant a couple weeks ago, I scraped the whole splitter to the top part. Thank God I didn't damage the bumper

Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I live on a private road and the access to the main street has a horrible dip through a storm drain to the road….and now some collapsed concrete due to the rain. My neighbors thought I was stuck on Sunday as I spent 45mins trying to figure out if any angle would work. Even the stock splitter scraps a little.

Anyways, problem solved! I just ordered this lift kit to solve the problem, hoping it won’t affect my cornering ability

Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
I am liking this idea more and more..

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
It would look really weird backing up to a restaurant's driveway...

I had a problem getting out of a driveway of a restaurant a couple weeks ago, I scraped the whole splitter to the top part. Thank God I didn't damage the bumper
Oh ... I back up gas station, police station, entrance to freeway, airport, Ferrari dealer just in the name of saving my splitter

I live on a private road and the access to the main street has a horrible dip through a storm drain to the road….and now some collapsed concrete due to the rain. My neighbors thought I was stuck on Sunday as I spent 45mins trying to figure out if any angle would work. Even the stock splitter scraps a little.

Anyways, problem solved! I just ordered this lift kit to solve the problem, hoping it won’t affect my cornering ability
LOL, man! sounds like you have road from hell! I would pack couple wood block in the trunk and lay them down over the road just so you can keep your Cup splitter. Hey, call the city of San Jose and have them fix the crappy road

Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh ... I back up gas station, police station, entrance to freeway, airport, Ferrari dealer just in the name of saving my splitter

LOL, man! sounds like you have road from hell! I would pack couple wood block in the trunk and lay them down over the road just so you can keep your Cup splitter. Hey, call the city of San Jose and have them fix the crappy road

I called San Jose... that was like pulling teeth!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I called San Jose... that was like pulling teeth!!!
LOL

State and city worker don't get pay much now days. You may need to get your shovel and patch the ditch with sand and rocks ...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow! I can't believe you literally back up from every driveway...