Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RMcG
Deletes both
Nice, thanks

Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Build scheduled for Feb 8th. Subject to change of course. If that holds, it could deliver as soon as early March.

Chris just got the Lithium to "take" yesterday. For those considering the Lithium battery option, keep in mind, the car delivers with BOTH batteries. You can use the LiON whenever you want to. If it is winter, just use the regular battery and keep the LiON for warmer weather.

Saw the Gray RS at the LA Auto Show yesterday, nice! I guess you can any color RS now, with any contrasting color. A guy was in the booth next to me try to custom configure an RS.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
windydog is infamous around these parts
congrats!!!
can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:39 AM
A430v is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sayboy
Build scheduled for Feb 8th. Subject to change of course. If that holds, it could deliver as soon as early March.

Chris just got the Lithium to "take" yesterday. For those considering the Lithium battery option, keep in mind, the car delivers with BOTH batteries. You can use the LiON whenever you want to. If it is winter, just use the regular battery and keep the LiON for warmer weather.

Saw the Gray RS at the LA Auto Show yesterday, nice! I guess you can any color RS now, with any contrasting color. A guy was in the booth next to me try to custom configure an RS.
Was it a younger Asian dude with glasses?... Were you with Florian?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A430v
Was it a younger Asian dude with glasses?... Were you with Florian?
Yes! Was that you? I was good naturedly harassing you about changing the decals and contrast color?

What did you decide?? Do you already have a build slot?

You probably heard me sneezing and nose blowing, I have the worst fricken cold . My wife and I flew down from Reno for the show and to visit Stand21 in Costa Mesa.

I thought the Porsche display was awesome?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Yes! Was that you? I was good naturedly harassing you about changing the decals and contrast color?

What did you decide?? Do you already have a build slot?

You probably heard me sneezing and nose blowing, I have the worst fricken cold . My wife and I flew down from Reno for the show and to visit Stand21 in Costa Mesa.

I thought the Porsche display was awesome?
Yup, that was me. What a small world.

Sticking with the Gray Black/Guards Red combo. Was mainly concerned with the stitching as several minor details on my RS.1 came out wrong. Trying to see if Florian and team can do some special things, which is the whole point of Exclusive in the first place. Have a May production slot.

Without doubt - Porsche had the best display this year. They've had this private little hall for a couple of years now. Without Porsche, the show would have been a dud this year with Ferrari, Lambo, and Bentley pulling out and a weak showing by the other manufacturers.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Cool!

The Gray/Red will, of course, look awesome, congrats on the allocation! It was interesting to hear some of the custom stuff they suggest and can do. Certainly know their options and weights inside and out. 8lbs extra weight for full leather option? Didn't even think of that?

I was mad at myself for forgetting to ask them to open the RS and let me take pictures of the the roll bar mount points.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I was mad at myself for forgetting to ask them to open the RS and let me take pictures of the the roll bar mount points.
I'm going back today - if they can open the car up, I'll take some pix for you. Cheers!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm going back today - if they can open the car up, I'll take some pix for you. Cheers!
That would be fantastic if you could do that? Especially where it connects at the back to the shock towers? It looks like the carpet could be peeled back a bit to see the attachment.

I am sure they will love you trying to do that! ha!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM
That would be fantastic if you could do that? Especially where it connects at the back to the shock towers? It looks like the carpet could be peeled back a bit to see the attachment.

I am sure they will love you trying to do that! ha!
Hi there...

Sorry, didn't take pix for you, not because the reps wouldn't open up the car for me, in fact Sascha (Florian's colleague) handed me the keys... BUT, I called a friend who works on Porsches before proceeding and he said on the RS.1 - you needed to take off an access panel (requiring tools) before you could actually pry up the carpet. Basically, the access panel is obstructing the edge of the carpet, preventing you from peeling it up.

Sorry - didn't want to cause a scene and when Sascha heard tools - his face changed. I understand and am cooperative so just left it at that...and thanked him for at least letting me try.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi there...

Sorry, didn't take pix for you, not because the reps wouldn't open up the car for me, in fact Sascha (Florian's colleague) handed me the keys... BUT, I called a friend who works on Porsches before proceeding and he said on the RS.1 - you needed to take off an access panel (requiring tools) before you could actually pry up the carpet. Basically, the access panel is obstructing the edge of the carpet, preventing you from peeling it up.

Sorry - didn't want to cause a scene and when Sascha heard tools - his face changed. I understand and am cooperative so just left it at that...and thanked him for at least letting me try.
Haha, understood! No worries.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:27 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
From what i heard, PTS is possible, but the contrasting decals and wheels remain the same... I had my dealer check it two days ago, and that's what he said...

any ideas???

Old 12-12-2009, 07:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done and stoppie is a good guy for sure

Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice
I'm jealous.