Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My New 2010 GT3: Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
Taylor - thanks for your review. I have read many many comparisons between the gt3 and turbo and all seem to mirror what you said. Also, I have seen many people go from the turbo to the gt3 but rarely the other way.

Given the turbo with your kit has 200 more HP and much more torque, doesn't it feel much faster? I have never driven either a turbo or a gt3 and I have thought a lot about what my next porsche would be and already I'm leaning towards the gt3. I currently have the 997.2S and while it is fast, you get used to that speed very quickly. Please give me more of your thoughts.

Thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Congrats man! White too!!!?? I'm so jealous.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
Taylor - thanks for your review. I have read many many comparisons between the gt3 and turbo and all seem to mirror what you said. Also, I have seen many people go from the turbo to the gt3 but rarely the other way.

Given the turbo with your kit has 200 more HP and much more torque, doesn't it feel much faster? I have never driven either a turbo or a gt3 and I have thought a lot about what my next porsche would be and already I'm leaning towards the gt3. I currently have the 997.2S and while it is fast, you get used to that speed very quickly. Please give me more of your thoughts.

Thanks
Quite welcome.

I think one can get used to almost any speed -- which is why although my whole turbo modding thing was lots of fun, it never really satisfied (always wanting more). Not that you can't mod a GT3, you just don't get the tremendous incremetal power gains as with the turbo.

I think the GT3 feels faster because of the sound, rough ride (and lower ride), and the crazy high RPM redline.

GL with your new purchase!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman

I think the GT3 feels faster because of the sound, rough ride (and lower ride), and the crazy high RPM redline.
You should hear it with the Sharkwerks muffler bypass!! Talk about intoxicating sounds!

Old 11-15-2009, 01:05 PM
s4e
s4e is infamous around these parts
Wow, congrats! Dare to dream!

Old 11-15-2009, 03:33 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Great comparison comments.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
The ultimate fact for me was that I never felt bothered if I was not tracking the Turbo but with the GT3, I am tring to cram 3 track days into a month....

The turbo is a great DD, but never called for me to drive it, and drive it hard.... by comparison, I feel the need to drive the GT3 on mega distance drives, with little satisfaction for daily grind traffic where the car cant be pushed to its or my limits anyway... The GT3 has me dreaming and looking forward to my next track day, and can only really satisfy myself with blasts into Malaysia where there are great B roads, and express ways much like the autobahn in terms of no speed limits....

The GT3 just does that to you!!! Congrats...

Last edited by Harold; 11-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
mcm
mcm is infamous around these parts
I feel the same - sell my 2009 997 Turbo and now waiting for my new 2010 GT3 RS. Turbo is super fast and real perfect car but without any emotions

Old 11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the post!

BTW, the crossover exhausts make the turbo closer to the gt3....gmg, umw, and switzer (and Markski of 911tuning.com). I have a switzer....search on youtube under jcbmemphis for sound clips....

Jeff

Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
GT34LES is infamous around these parts

[/quote]

Almost same photo as mine, haha... The car looks awesome in white!! Congrats to both of us.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT34LES

Almost same photo as mine, haha... The car looks awesome in white!! Congrats to both of us.

[/QUOTE]

hah love that pic!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Great car!
Those center lock wheels are lustful.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Best sounding porsche IMO

Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZBOSS
Best sounding porsche IMO
I am sure the Cup car, RSR and CGT sounds better than a GT3.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
I am sure the Cup car, RSR and CGT sounds better than a GT3.
What i meant was the best sounding road going 911

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New 2010 GT3: Review