Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anybody have any leads on RS allocation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Anybody have any leads on RS allocation?

Anybody have any leads on RS allocations?

TIA.

Peter

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
4retr is infamous around these parts
If interested I've been offered allocations from where I purchased my 07 and 08 RS(s), but it looks like I'm going to pass on the 2010 RS.

BTW: They both want a premium as of last Saturday.

Send me a PM if interested.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
fuenfer is infamous around these parts
All of the dealerships I've spoken with want a premium on the RS. I wonder, however, if the RS will also have people backing out of their orders (as with the regular GT3s) and if the car will eventually be discounted ...

Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fuenfer
All of the dealerships I've spoken with want a premium on the RS. I wonder, however, if the RS will also have people backing out of their orders (as with the regular GT3s) and if the car will eventually be discounted ...
All the clamor for these cars will cause PCNA to build more, and the early guys who pay over MSRP will get screwed as always. Then the guys who thought they could speculate will realize that they can't and back out, increasing the glut.

It never changes, and patience is your friend.

My advice is call your Dealer and tell him when he has an allocation for you to call.. and hope he (Dealer) is the first one there.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cnc
All the clamor for these cars will cause PCNA to build more, and the early guys who pay over MSRP will get screwed as always. Then the guys who thought they could speculate will realize that they can't and back out, increasing the glut.

It never changes, and patience is your friend.

My advice is call your Dealer and tell him when he has an allocation for you to call.. and hope he (Dealer) is the first one there.
+1
I fully agree with cnc.

I would never, ever pay over MSRP and enable a rapacious dealer. And, if you really want one, don't be lazy. Get your *** on the phone today and start calling dealers, asking for the Porsche Sales Manager. Be prepared to give a deposit via credit card over the phone to secure a guaranteed allocation.

**And don't fear an out of state purchase, it is sooooo easy to do** Even if you have a trade, it is easy. If a distance purchase scares you, frankly, you don't deserve an RS

If it were me, and I had no good local leads at MSRP, I would use the phone and work my way out geographically from where I lived.

Good luck, you will find one. Be sure to keep us updated?

Last edited by sayboy; 11-18-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
^ good luck with that. No one on this forum buys or sells more Porsches than me. If you can find me a dealer who will take a deposit for even $10,000 over MSRP, I'd be more than happy to pay you a finder's fee. Please prove me wrong.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 PM
obrienkp is infamous around these parts
I know one of the dealers here in cincy, the one at the automall is supposed to get a few allocations but I dont know how many. I knowt hey just took a gallardo spider in on trade for a gt3rs. This one female sales rep says they NEVER put mark ups on cars (which is a lie because when they had a fayence yellow CGT they had a 75G markup on the sticker). BUt you could try giving them a call. Its the porsche dealership thats part of the Joseph auto group located in the Kings automall.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:51 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
^ Thanks for the lead but they are not taking any deposits.