Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone going to Infineon Raceway this weekend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
^^ car looks fantastic MIke...how'd it feel?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Edwin814 is infamous around these parts
mike, you got a new helmet?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Pictures from Infineon

The F430 is a good friend of mine

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  117.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  171.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  156.0 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  157.9 KB

Last edited by marcw; 11-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:28 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
and a few more

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  147.1 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  185.6 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  206.5 KB

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  129.5 KB

BTW Alex the sweet noise of your pipes were a hit

Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 AM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for putting up some pics, Marc. Some great cars there. F430, GTR and tons of GT3's...looks like a great day! I'm glad the rain moved through quick enough for you guys to let the track dry out, too. I'd love to see some driving footage if you guys have any.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Edwin814
mike, you got a new helmet?
lol

No, this picture was of my wife with her silver helmet. Thanks for the photo. It was a very scary day folks. The track was very cold and damp/wet at many places. One of the 996 GT3 in my group on the first morning session bought it at turn 7. I have never seen corner worker waving three different flags - black, yellow and white with red cross all at once. Ambulance had to come out and luckily the driver was OK ... but not his GT3. I was super cautious and drove like a grandma from the get go but still spun out myself!!? It was that slippery. Luckily I did not hit anything except some worms on the grass lol

It was nice meeting all the 6speed members and Marc's GT3 sounds great with the sharkwerks muffler bypass My steel Cup rotors work great. Will post video soon.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
It was nice meeting all the 6speed members and Marc's GT3 sounds great with the sharkwerks muffler bypass My steel Cup rotors work great. Will post video soon.

Thanks Mike glad you both have our exhaust and like it And you look at home out there

Originally Posted by marcw
Attachment 110200

Attachment 110201

BTW Alex the sweet noise of your pipes were a hit
Looking good out there Marc! Glad the pipes were a hit... I'm guessing between you and Mike we hopefully gave the Italians a run for their money eh

Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Looking good out there Marc! Glad the pipes were a hit... I'm guessing between you and Mike we hopefully gave the Italians a run for their money eh
Not even a contest as far as sound goes Alex. There are couple F430 out there and the exhaust was mute compare with ours

I got a real nice video with sound following Marc but I think Youtube is having a brain freeze - I could not load my video twice now

Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Not even a contest as far as sound goes Alex. There are couple F430 out there and the exhaust was mute compare with ours

I got a real nice video with sound following Marc but I think Youtube is having a brain freeze - I could not load my video twice now
hehe good to hear man Plus they probably need their valves set too now? Italian trash

Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
lol

No, this picture was of my wife with her silver helmet. Thanks for the photo. It was a very scary day folks. The track was very cold and damp/wet at many places. One of the 996 GT3 in my group on the first morning session bought it at turn 7. I have never seen corner worker waving three different flags - black, yellow and white with red cross all at once. Ambulance had to come out and luckily the driver was OK ... but not his GT3. I was super cautious and drove like a grandma from the get go but still spun out myself!!? It was that slippery. Luckily I did not hit anything except some worms on the grass lol

looks like fun.
i'm looking for someone to dropoff/pickup my kid from school so i can go to LS on fri 12/4. otherwise i may have to cancel.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
hehe good to hear man Plus they probably need their valves set too now? Italian trash
I love F430 Scudaria and I may get one in couple years but I have to admit Ferrari sounds great on paper but it's kind of underwhelming in real life. P-car is just so mean and purposely build. I can't imagine what parts cost for a Ferrari lol

Originally Posted by speedoflight
looks like fun.
i'm looking for someone to dropoff/pickup my kid from school so i can go to LS on fri 12/4. otherwise i may have to cancel.
No sweat, I am sure both Fern and Kevin can drop off and pick up your kids - plus baby sit for a day. Hope you can still make it

Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
fotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedoflight
looks like fun.
I'll be there...

Old 11-24-2009, 09:52 AM
OK, video finally up-loaded. Here is a look at the cold and slippery Infineon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JXDiJox2k

Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I love F430 Scudaria and I may get one in couple years but I have to admit Ferrari sounds great on paper but it's kind of underwhelming in real life. P-car is just so mean and purposely build. I can't imagine what parts cost for a Ferrari lol
Roger that... Plus with the tracking you do, you'd need to have the valves set/adjusted after like 5K miles

OK, video finally up-loaded. Here is a look at the cold and slippery Infineon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JXDiJox2k
That's more like it... I can't imagine how long it would take for sport cups to warm up! What were the temps out there that day? Brrr!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Roger that... Plus with the tracking you do, you'd need to have the valves set/adjusted after like 5K miles

$$$ that is what is cost to track a F430

That's more like it... I can't imagine how long it would take for sport cups to warm up! What were the temps out there that day? Brrr!
I had Nitto NT01 and it took about 3 laps to "kind of" warm up. The track temperature was about 35 - 45 F in the morning and slightly over 50 F in the afternoon. It was coooooold. Not much different than driving on ice lol. Summer tires like mine was no good. I should have use my PS2.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Infineon Raceway this weekend?