Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone going to Infineon Raceway this weekend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:31 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Anyone going to Infineon Raceway this weekend?

First track day for me in the GT3... Can’t wait! Will be there with an F430 buddy of mine. Have a quick trip to Alex @ Sharkwerks on Friday to get a few suitable additions.. fun fun fun!

Think one or two of you guys maybe there ??

Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Marcw
Is the run group/host trackmasters?
Do you know if the weekend still has opennings? If so, we might want to bring out our new 2010 GT3 since last weekend didn't go as planned.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcw
First track day for me in the GT3... Can’t wait! Will be there with an F430 buddy of mine. Have a quick trip to Alex @ Sharkwerks on Friday to get a few suitable additions.. fun fun fun!

Looking forward to see ya'.... It'll be fun I know a few folks going so I'll let them know

Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Edwin814 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BRracing
Marcw
Do you know if the weekend still has opennings? If so, we might want to bring out our new 2010 GT3 since last weekend didn't go as planned.
the website says there are still few spots available.

mike will be there. i'm thinking of making a trip out there too

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !

Wife and I will be there. I am going to be her instructor and I am in the mix group. I like to apologize if she slow you down on the track. I always tell her "go faster!" lol

Marc, all seriousness. Take it easy the whole day if you have not track before or even if you had some experience under your belt. Your GT3 will beg you to go fast ... and faster and it may catch you off guard in one of the tricky turns. Infinion is the most technical track in the country and super fun too. Look for me in the green GT3 RS

Marcw
Hey Robb and Bruce, e-mail Doug at doug@trackmasters-racing.com and see if they still have some open spots. I spoke with him three days ago and there are still some left. Hope to see you there

Edwin .... really wish you could have sign up for this event. Maybe next year. Will see you there if you decide to drop by

Mike

Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
I wish we could go but is to far for us...enjoy the weekend guys.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Marcw

Yes is its Trackmasters... i am not sure if there is openings you can email Doug

Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Wife and I will be there. I am going to be her instructor and I am in the mix group. I like to apologize if she slow you down on the track. I always tell her "go faster!" lol

Marc, all seriousness. Take it easy the whole day if you have not track before or even if you had some experience under your belt. Your GT3 will beg you to go fast ... and faster and it may catch you off guard in one of the tricky turns. Infinion is the most technical track in the country and super fun too. Look for me in the green GT3 RS

Hey Robb and Bruce, e-mail Doug at doug@trackmasters-racing.com and see if they still have some open spots. I spoke with him three days ago and there are still some left. Hope to see you there

Edwin .... really wish you could have sign up for this event. Maybe next year. Will see you there if you decide to drop by

Mike
I intend to be cautious... have done many track days in the UK where they have curves In any event i need time to get used to this tail wagging super car. See you there!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Wow. Looks like a great Porsche turn out this weekend.

Man, I wish I could go! If by some miracle I can convince the wifey, I'll see if I/we can swing by to catch some of the action.

Take pics and post some vids, please!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
too bad i cant get up there.
infineon is a great track and TMR runs a good gig there.
just remember, dont lift at T2, T6, T10. an off there will end up at bodyshop.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned
Yes is its Trackmasters... i am not sure if there is openings you can email Doug
Anybody want to tell my wife that I cant go to a couples shower with her?
I mean seriously, a couples shower, who has ever been to that.

So bummed I wont make it and we just got the new wicker for the wing, look for details in the build forum.

Just to let all those know we are happy to share what we have learned with our GT3 at the track and help those that may be in need of assistance.

We will be at another local track though in early Dec. praying for dry weather, should be fun.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
I've been to two (TWO!) couples showers in the past 6 months - run for the hills! Who ever thought up the concept must really hate men. Too far south for track day - but I am curious of those who are going - how many are new to track day events (like myself) and what mods should be done to keep the GT3 in good shape (use track pads, change fluids or ??). Thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jimxyz
I've been to two (TWO!) couples showers in the past 6 months - run for the hills! Who ever thought up the concept must really hate men. Too far south for track day - but I am curious of those who are going - how many are new to track day events (like myself) and what mods should be done to keep the GT3 in good shape (use track pads, change fluids or ??). Thanks
Happy to help you if you would like in this area, I will send you a PM and we can chat further.
Thanks for the advice by the way!

Robb

Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimxyz
lol

The ONLY show I go to is the one that wash the brake dust off my hair

I told my wife I am extremely allergic to any type shower be it baby or what not and I break out in whole body rash with throat tightness

Jim, there are three things you need if you want to track your GT3. Track brake pads such as Pagid yellow R29 if you have steel rotors, more aggressive alignment and R-compound tires such as Toyo R888 if you plan of using your 19" wheel. You will be fine for a while if you just do these simple mods ... Oh, don't forget a functional LSD when you get faster

Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Zellamsee is infamous around these parts
Couple of pics from today.
Name:  IMG_4221ll.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  158.1 KB
Name:  IMG_4217ll.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  171.9 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Infineon Raceway this weekend?