Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2
View Poll Results: Keep your GT3's Exhaust Stock or Aftermarket?
Stock
32.20%
Aftermarket
67.80%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Sharkwerks By pass pipe

In case your wanting to see/hear it on a White 2010 GT3 to feel more at home with it... Not crazy over the top loud but oh so sweet when you open her up!

Last edited by caltex; 11-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by caltex
In case your wanting to see/hear it on a White 2010 GT3 to feel more at home with it... Not crazy over the top loud but oh so sweet when you open her up!

Thanks Caltex and glad you like it... For the "track-minded" over the top guy there's always our track exhaust (gulp!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrP9jLvaVi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKzxbQbHQM

Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
lumber is infamous around these parts
sw bypass

sharkwerks bypass is a must have...like turning it up to 11

Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lumber
sharkwerks bypass is a must have...like turning it up to 11
Hehe thanks!

Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
A Sharkwerk's bypass pipe is a must have mod

Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
vote is split 2 to 1 in favor

hmmmm.

im going to have to listen to it live on a GT3.1 to decide.

btw, does the .1 and .2 GT3 sound the same with the bypass? how about stock vs stock?

i think the stock .1 sounds wonderful so dont know if i want to tinker with that..

Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ 2 to 1 is surprising to me. I figured more like 4 to 1 in favor.

Thanks for all the feedback and votes -- keep 'em coming.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
im not doubting that it sounds nice, i just dont want to have to look over my shoulder every time i want to get into the revs. iv had loud cars before and it was painful to baby it because of not wanting to attract attention to myself.

so personally, i would def need to hear it in person to judge if i can feel comfortable with it in the city

Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
lvrs is infamous around these parts
Like everyone says, Gotta have the Sharkwerks bypass!!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Sharkey's bypass is the only mod on my RS! Doesn't need anything else. (Maybe that 3.9 sometime in the future)

Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bara
im not doubting that it sounds nice, i just dont want to have to look over my shoulder every time i want to get into the revs. iv had loud cars before and it was painful to baby it because of not wanting to attract attention to myself.

so personally, i would def need to hear it in person to judge if i can feel comfortable with it in the city
When/IF you want stealth..... push the "S" button to off.

Once you've had a taste of the Cool-aid..... just "unplug"

Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
A Sharkwerk's bypass pipe is a must have mod
Hehe thanks Dave and glad you're in the 3 crowd now It's hard to do anything after the 3....
vote is split 2 to 1 in favor

hmmmm.

im going to have to listen to it live on a GT3.1 to decide.

btw, does the .1 and .2 GT3 sound the same with the bypass? how about stock vs stock?

i think the stock .1 sounds wonderful so dont know if i want to tinker with that..
Heh.. looks like it's going 70/30 so it's upping No doubt the mk1 7 gt3 sounds great stock. It truly does but I think what we did was crank of the volume of that sound (if and when you want it with the button...). The .2 has larger displacement and has a slightly deeper sound than the .1.

Let me know where you are at and maybe someone can demo it for you... Or you can try one and if you like it great... and if not great too just send it back etc...

Originally Posted by lvrs
Like everyone says, Gotta have the Sharkwerks bypass!!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Sharkey's bypass is the only mod on my RS! Doesn't need anything else. (Maybe that 3.9 sometime in the future)
Hehe thanks pal! That 3.9.. yes that does make it sound a bit better too... especially at 8800

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
When/IF you want stealth..... push the "S" button to off.

Once you've had a taste of the Cool-aid..... just "unplug"
Roger that mate!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
+1 on the SW bypass - Two must haves: Premier clear bra so you don't have to worry about the rocks while you enjoy #2, SW bypass! With sport off it sounds pretty much like stock (at least from inside the car) until you really step on it. With sport on, it sounds so good you'll get on and off the highway at every exit just to enjoy the sound as you nail it getting back up to speed. You shouldn't have much trouble finding someone local who already has it. Plus Alex really cares about customer service - so buy with confidence! Now if I can just get the ECU done... !

Old 11-24-2009, 11:35 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
with the SW bypass, is there any noticeable drone in the car?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
Drone was a concern of mine when I got it - its not an issue. If you cruise at about 4500 rpm with sport on you may have exhaust noise, sort of drone like - but its never been a problem. If I'm driving on the fwy, in 5th or 6th, the revs are below that range (70 to 80 mph). I use my car as a DD, generally 100 miles a day, mostly fwy - noise is not really elevated. I've had many cellphone conversations and no complaints about the background noise. Also, I head out to C&C at about 6 a.m. most weekends and so far no neighbor has thrown a rock through my window in protest!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?