Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2
View Poll Results: Keep your GT3's Exhaust Stock or Aftermarket?
Stock
32.20%
Aftermarket
67.80%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Thinkbig is infamous around these parts
Might want to consider this one...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
Looks pretty sweet.
I wish I didnt go the Fvd way, I think ti is sexy

Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I think the best sounding exhaust I've heard is the Sharkwerks Track Exhaust. Although my car is not a DD, I do take it to work sometimes (early) and I'm certain Sharkwerks Track Exhaust = irate neighbors. Maybe I'll get it and move out to the country.

There's been IMHO an underwhelming vote to go aftermarket (about a third of the voters would keep it stock as of this moment). However, of the aftermarket voters, there's an overwhelming push to go Sharkwerks bypass.

Although this vote/thread was not meant to be vendor specific, the fact that so many people called out the Sharkwerks exhaust must be a reasonable testament to how good it is/sounds.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 AM
DavidNR is infamous around these parts
Thinkbig,
Which fvd exhaust are you refering to?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SKXF430
with the SW bypass, is there any noticeable drone in the car?
None

Old 11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
None
I second that! Happy Thanks giving everyone. I just came back from a 122 mile drivethis morning in my SW3.9. James still has me on RPM restriction but not for much longer. It's amazing what you can do below 6000 rpms on damp roads with this motor!!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:10 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
The sharkwerks bypass is the best mod i've done till date! Punch the throttle progressively in sport mode and you hear this insane bark that ripples down 10 blocks.

Thumbs up!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigue
The sharkwerks bypass is the best mod i've done till date! Punch the throttle progressively in sport mode and you hear this insane bark that ripples down 10 blocks.

Thumbs up!
You should try SW by-pass in conjunction with the SW 3.9 conversion on a canyon road!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigue

Thumbs up!
heheh thanks you guys

We'll figure out a holiday sale for those of some sort shortly

Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
I am yet to see 1 bad review or even bad comment about SW bypass.. It really is the best of both worlds.. Quiet when it needs to be and screaming when it doesnt.. Im a ***** for weight savings so I went with the Shark Track exhaust for our shop car.. Ill be posting a review as well with my opinion of how loud it truly is.. or isnt..

Mike

Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I am yet to see 1 bad review or even bad comment about SW bypass.. It really is the best of both worlds.. Quiet when it needs to be and screaming when it doesnt.. Im a ***** for weight savings so I went with the Shark Track exhaust for our shop car.. Ill be posting a review as well with my opinion of how loud it truly is.. or isnt..

Mike
Looking forward to your comments regarding the track exhaust. I am in the same quandary; weight savings v. sound level.

Last edited by mxk116; 12-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, Okay, Okay, so Sharkwerks it is then I just pulled the trigger on it today -- should be installed by late next week. Review forthcoming (w/ vid). Thanks Sharky.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Okay, Okay, Okay, so Sharkwerks it is then I just pulled the trigger on it today -- should be installed by late next week. Review forthcoming (w/ vid). Thanks Sharky.
You will be VERY pleased!!
And Alex is definitely great to deal with!!
A refreshing change from some of the other Porsche aftermarketeers I've had the mis-pleasure of dealing with over the years.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:12 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
You will love it... had mine for a few weeks and cant stop myself from finding places to open the car up to hear her sing, pure Le Mans Sound

Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
deutschmick is infamous around these parts
Late to the dance. You'll be very happy with the decision!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports

Mike
Aw thanks Mike and good talking to you. Enjoy the track this weekend

Originally Posted by mxk116
Looking forward to your comments regarding the track exhaust. I am in the same quandary; weight savings v. sound level.
Gulp

Thank you sir! Let me know what you think....

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
You will be VERY pleased!!
And Alex is definitely great to deal with!!
A refreshing change from some of the other Porsche aftermarketeers I've had the mis-pleasure of dealing with over the years.
Thank you 1Gunner. The Canadians bring out our good side eh? You going to the F1 race btw? James (who's from Canada) the gang want to go... so when they finally start selling tickets...

Originally Posted by marcw
You will love it... had mine for a few weeks and cant stop myself from finding places to open the car up to hear her sing, pure Le Mans Sound
Thanks marcw... and glad you've having fun with it PS Check SnowBoarder's thoughts on the Pirellis for your next set....

Originally Posted by deutschmick
Late to the dance. You'll be very happy with the decision!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?