Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2
View Poll Results: Keep your GT3's Exhaust Stock or Aftermarket?
Stock
32.20%
Aftermarket
67.80%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?

All...

Been seriously considering keeping my 2010 GT3 bone stock. Will track it a few times per year, but nothing serious or competitive. Love it stock -- except for a painted rear center console from BumperPlugs.

H-o-w-e-v-e-r, I may just add an aftermarket exhaust to bump up the sound a bit -- but that's as far as I'm going

Looking for thoughts on people who have an aftermarket exhaust & their opinion of theirs verus stock. Is it just a modest incremental difference or really worth it?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
All...

Been seriously considering keeping my 2010 GT3 bone stock. Will track it a few times per year, but nothing serious or competitive. Love it stock -- except for a painted rear center console from BumperPlugs.

H-o-w-e-v-e-r, I may just add an aftermarket exhaust to bump up the sound a bit -- but that's as far as I'm going

Looking for thoughts on people who have an aftermarket exhaust & their opinion of theirs verus stock. Is it just a modest incremental difference or really worth it?
Alex at SharkWerks... is the man. See the thread happy friday. My car just had the muffler bypass and now sounds amazing

Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
GTEE3 is infamous around these parts
I have a Black GMG center exhaust FS, if you are interested in GREAT sound!

Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
epm1 is infamous around these parts
how about HP/torq increases?

Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
GTEE3 you have a PM.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I would definitely recommend that Sharkwerks system for the GT3. You won't regret it.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Sharkwerks by-pass, it's a no brainer!! If you don't love it I will bet Alex will give you 100% refund, if not I will!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Maybe it's my old age. Had the stock exhaust on the 07 GT3 and loved it. Felt there was no need for an aftermarket exhaust. It sounds perfect just the way it is.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Sharkwerks by-pass, it's a no brainer!! If you don't love it I will bet Alex will give you 100% refund, if not I will!!!
Snowboarder

Saw your car on Friday. When do you get it back ?

Mr Shark is slowley working on me

Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PeterC4C
Maybe it's my old age. Had the stock exhaust on the 07 GT3 and loved it. Felt there was no need for an aftermarket exhaust. It sounds perfect just the way it is.
Old age! What does that make me?

Originally Posted by marcw
Snowboarder

Saw your car on Friday. When do you get it back ?

Mr Shark is slowley working on me
Tuesday!! I'll have a full report in a week or so. Listen to Mr. Sharky, he knows what's best for you and your car!!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Old age! What does that make me?
LOL. Just that if you ask me a couple of years ago. I would say louder the better.

Now I realized there is such a thing as too loud.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I don't have a Sharkwerks bypass, but have a heard a few! It sounds amazing, you have to put one on your car for sure!

Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by PeterC4C
LOL. Just that if you ask me a couple of years ago. I would say louder the better.

Now I realized there is such a thing as too loud.
Well maybe it's the fact that I'm 63 and my hearing is failing, but it sounds absolutly wonderful to me!!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
GTEE3 is infamous around these parts
GMG exhaust

sold, thanks

Old 11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcw
Alex at SharkWerks... is the man. See the thread happy friday. My car just had the muffler bypass and now sounds amazing
Aw thanks Marc Glad you had fun at the track!

Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
I would definitely recommend that Sharkwerks system for the GT3. You won't regret it.
Cheers mate... too kind

Roger that.. haven't had to yet in some 240

Originally Posted by NorthVan
I don't have a Sharkwerks bypass, but have a heard a few! It sounds amazing, you have to put one on your car for sure!
Thanks NorthVan... gotta get you into a 3 eh

Here's a few videos of the sound of our exhaust for those that haven't seen em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbGuKKYtqtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWgjCHwNuE

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust - GT3?