Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

R888 pressure for the track...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM
fotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedoflight
38 hot all around works best for me. at full thread they feel slippery. i had them new full thread drove to TH as "break-in". the entire day at the track was nerve racking. so, be extra careful with these new. i agree with stevo on when they start to go off except with me it's ~15-20min into the session.
Yep, thanks. I did a day a Thunderhill when I got them new and I was ready to throw them away. Scary in fact! Now after 4 track days, they feel much better but they still give after 15-20min into the session...

FWIW, I'll be at Laguna Dec 4th and Sears Dec 7th if any of you guys are running with NCRC, you'll find me there...

Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fotostars
Yep, thanks. I did a day a Thunderhill when I got them new and I was ready to throw them away. Scary in fact! Now after 4 track days, they feel much better but they still give after 15-20min into the session...

FWIW, I'll be at Laguna Dec 4th and Sears Dec 7th if any of you guys are running with NCRC, you'll find me there...

I''ll cya the 4th. I'll be the one with a 996 tt with euro plates . Stop by and say hi!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by elh0102
Have you tried them at lower pressure? I have recently used them for the first time, full tread, and at around 32/34 they felt fine, much higher and they got slippery. I also agree with a previous post, and prefer the R888 over the MPSC.
i experimented from 32 hot to 44 hot. AIM website suggested very high pressures. i think 48! 44 hot felt really sketchy like white-knuckle driving except you're going fast. didn't go beyond that. on the low pressures it felt squirmy as if i was riding the sidewalls on the corners.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of

yep scary hunting for traction at turn 1. i thought it was just cross winds at first. lol

i'm registered for LS 12/4 but i forgot on friday's is my duty to dropoff/pickup kid at school. i might have to switch it to 12/7 SP if i can't play friday.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Edwin814 is infamous around these parts

i'll be at laguna on the 4th. look for a blue m3

Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 PM
fotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud offotostars has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedoflight
yep scary hunting for traction at turn 1. i thought it was just cross winds at first. lol

i'm registered for LS 12/4 but i forgot on friday's is my duty to dropoff/pickup kid at school. i might have to switch it to 12/7 SP if i can't play friday.
Hehe, I'll be at Sears Point too... ;-)