Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I got a new rear wing... And it moves!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
I saw this wing in action at the track yesterday. My friend got the new version on his GTR. IT's pretty neat, don't know how much it works but, interesting.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
NinetyOneC2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu
We all want to go fast on the track ..... but spending $5-7K plus to gain 1-2 seconds may be a stretch for most. Very interesting mod regardless
Really? People spend that on wheels or ceramic brakes and don't reap as large a lap time improvement never mind the increased confidence and challenge of learning to drive an active aero car properly.

A good chunk of change to be sure but impressive and perhaps worthwhile for some.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
We all want to go fast on the track ..... but spending $5-7K plus to gain 1-2 seconds may be a stretch for most. Very interesting mod regardless
Really? People spend that on wheels or ceramic brakes and don't reap as large a lap time improvement never mind the increased confidence and challenge of learning to drive an active aero car properly.

I think you restated the same point. Some folks will throw lots of money around trying to buy fast.

-td

Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM
NinetyOneC2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by himself
[/i]
I think you restated the same point. Some folks will throw lots of money around trying to buy fast.

-td
Indeed I did;-)

What I meant to say was that I think it's relatively good value considering what some people are spending money on.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
forgive me for not reading the entire thread but does aeromotions sell this wing now?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Contact Aeromotions directly and they can fill you in. I think production versions will be available in the not too distant future. They have a couple of decisions to make prior to settling on final configuration but most of the heavy lifting is done based on my most recent contact with them.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
Wingman (AeroM) is infamous around these parts
Update from Aeromotions. We're about to release some F1 active aero for your porsche.

We've been developing the RS series Dynamic Wings for a little over a year now, and are about to release the first production wings for the 996TT and 997TT (both .1 and .2). The development has taken a while, but we like to make sure all the details are worked out before releasing a new product. In fact, the entire actuation system has changed between the original post and the wing in this picture (taken on 6/8/10). The new actuators are twice as fast and have half the weight of the original RS wing.

Mounting the RS wings on the turbo is really easy. They replace the OE hydraulic wing, and bolt to the deck lid in the same location. There's no paining or trunk modification. In fact, you can reinstall the OE wing if you ever want to return to stock. The Dynamic Wing package is $5,875. We'll post pictures of the final version in the next few weeks.

All questions are welcome.

Greg

Old 10-07-2010, 02:11 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Just saw this thread! someone was discussing this with me the other day and i never heard of it but they used your company's name.

Great product...some real science behind it. Keep the info coming

Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Greg- At the tracks I frequent I rarely see a turbo. Like almost never. And there are ALWAYS a bunch of GT3's. So it seems to me, if the wing is functional and not oriented toward the poseur crowd you developed a great idea for the wrong car. As well, we need front aero more than a rear wing.

I love and respect your idea, but...

Old 10-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sayboy
Greg- At the tracks I frequent I rarely see a turbo. Like almost never. And there are ALWAYS a bunch of GT3's. So it seems to me, if the wing is functional and not oriented toward the poseur crowd you developed a great idea for the wrong car. As well, we need front aero more than a rear wing.

+1

Ranger

Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
Wingman (AeroM) is infamous around these parts
I appreciate your candor.

As you can see in the original post, we developed the wing for the GT3 RS (.1). The development started in CFD, and included Craig Stanton track testing the car at VIR. The Dynamic Wing shaved 1.6 seconds the time he posted with the OE wing. Handling at the traction limit was significantly improved.

We're releasing the turbo wings first because OEM deck lids have perfect hard mounting points for our wing, and they're strong enough to handle the downforce.

The GT3 wing development is almost complete. The outstanding component is the deck lid. For the .1RS owners, and the .2GT3 owners, would you rather buy a new lid for $3k, or modify your existing lid? Also, which look do you guys prefer, the RS .1 wing, or the R2 .2 wing?

Regarding the front aero, we've been developing both active and static front splitters for the RS. We have some wind tunnel testing scheduled on those parts. They will be forthcoming.

Greg

Originally Posted by sayboy

Last edited by Wingman (AeroM); 10-07-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The best looking wing on the market and well worth the price IMHO.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
turbo>na is infamous around these parts
Wow, nice job!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wingman (AeroM)

The GT3 wing development is almost complete. The outstanding component is the deck lid. For the .1RS owners, and the .2GT3 owners, would you rather buy a new lid for $3k, or modify your existing lid? Also, which look do you guys prefer, the RS .1 wing, or the R2 .2 wing?

Regarding the front aero, we've been developing both active and static front splitters for the RS. We have some wind tunnel testing scheduled on those parts. They will be forthcoming.

Greg
Ok, that sounds a lot better to my ears. Thanks for the follow-up.

As a 2010 GT3RS owner, am I good to go with the OE decklid? And of course my preference is the .2 wing

Active front splitter? Yeah baby!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
GTS_007 is infamous around these parts
Bad *** wing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got a new rear wing... And it moves!