Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Aftermarket alcantara steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:21 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Aftermarket alcantara steering wheel?

I dont know if any of you have seen my other thread, but my GT3 has a small deviated stitching "issue." I was going to send the steering wheel out to be restitched with the red stitching thats in the rest of the car, but I if Im doing that, I might as well consider a nice custom aftermarket wheel.

anybody have any suggestions?

Old 11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
nismo300zr2 is infamous around these parts
i loved my sparco with alcantara, i dont know if it was the same issue, but after light use, it started peeling away from the frame of the wheel and looked like @$$. so i would NOT recommend that one.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
There was a thread re a place in TX that did custom alcantara work on wheels and other interior parts. They seem to have a great reputation and the photos look to confirm the comments.
Do a search on this forum and you'll spot it. Had I know before I bought the GT3 RS wheel for my CS Cab, I would have just sent out my wheel, center console and other parts.
GL

Originally Posted by avi8tir
I dont know if any of you have seen my other thread, but my GT3 has a small deviated stitching "issue." I was going to send the steering wheel out to be restitched with the red stitching thats in the rest of the car, but I if Im doing that, I might as well consider a nice custom aftermarket wheel.

anybody have any suggestions?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
The Place that Verde is talking about is http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/ They do excellent custom work and have showcased their work on a number of cars on this site. Just send them your stock wheel and have them change the stitching to deviated, also if you want a red or yellow centering strip, like the GT3RS, they could add that if you like. I'm also sure they can do some work with Carbon Fiber if you wanted both CF and Alcantara. Since you'd just be doing the stitching, it probably wouldn't be too expensive. If you want an entirely new wheel, FVD has some beautiful wheels but they're not cheap, Personally I'd take your existing wheel, send it to DallasSteeringWheel and just have them change the stitching to the red that you want and leave it at that. I'm sure they can also do your brake handle and the piece between your pcm module and shifter as well. Regardless what you choose, congrats on the GT3, she's a beauty!

Old 11-28-2009, 02:39 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Ditto on the Dallas Wheel place. That is the same one I mentioned in the OP's stitch thread. Someone here mentioned it for me. I called them for pricing on a similar wheel. (Thicker Leather w/off white stitching)They seem very reasonable.