Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daggie
You can put it at my place for 2 months if you want It's 1h30 away from Spa.

996TT_STEVO: Pistenclub is doing Spa in April and June .. haven't seen May though ...
Yip... RMA is doing early MAY, then GoldTrack in June.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
euro delievery gt3rs + euro tracks= pure awesomeness...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
I just spec'd my car yesterday. I would love to do a Euro delivery and take my dad. How do you arrange a Euro delivery...through the dealer?

Karl

Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kscheible
I just spec'd my car yesterday. I would love to do a Euro delivery and take my dad. How do you arrange a Euro delivery...through the dealer?

Karl
Yes. Dealer can arrange.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:41 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
RMcG
Thanks for the info.
We will be going for a month anyway. If you take into account what Porsche would charge, the additional insurance, and the savings for not renting a car it is not that bad. I have a place in Germany to keep it so I might even leave it for a year and get two vacations with it.
Rich

Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GT3Racerich
RMcG
Thanks for the info.
We will be going for a month anyway. If you take into account what Porsche would charge, the additional insurance, and the savings for not renting a car it is not that bad. I have a place in Germany to keep it so I might even leave it for a year and get two vacations with it.
Rich
If you are shipping from here you need to check on how long you are allowed to keep the car in Europe on NA plates. I am not sure, but it may only be six months.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 AM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
My dealer is looking into a Euro delivery for my RS. Is there a period of time where I have to drive it for? I heard somewhere it’s a 2 week minimum.

My plan was to do the museum and factory tours and then run the ring (easily) a few times and return the car in a few days.

Has anyone done this? Everything I read is about extended stays.

Thank you

Old 12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
freeman is infamous around these parts
I plan to do the same Euro delivery for a RS,but i am little concerned about the break-in procedure.

Is it a really good thing to do to track a brand new RS (with only delivery milage) hard? Isnt' it bad for engine break-in,or you don't really care,and just wanna have some fun.

Do you spend the first two weeks to properly breakin the car on public road first,and then track it? Any suggestion?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I break then in the way I drive them. LOL. I have taken so many race motors out of the crate and was at 8K RPMS right away and never had an issue. I would take it easy anyways...I would be a gear (or 2) higher than normal during the break in period.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by freeman
I plan to do the same Euro delivery for a RS,but i am little concerned about the break-in procedure.

Is it a really good thing to do to track a brand new RS (with only delivery milage) hard? Isnt' it bad for engine break-in,or you don't really care,and just wanna have some fun.

Do you spend the first two weeks to properly breakin the car on public road first,and then track it? Any suggestion?
I usually take a longish trip in the first two days, and keep to 200km/h or so, so get maybe 1600k of break in. Porsche engines are already dynoed so no problem.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Explain some more about the Euro delivery if you would. I have a Jan RS build date and am getting Euro delivery as well. Porsche is letting me run their test track and do some facility tours. I would like to know what to do when there besides that normal stuff. In addition, the director of sales and director of marketing are arranging for the factory workers and drivers to sign the underside of the hood similiar to the Panorama article. Should be great. What else should I/we do when we are there? My salesman and the dealership GM are going with me.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 12-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Daggie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Yip... RMA is doing early MAY, then GoldTrack in June.

I did 1 RMA trackday this year and I don't intend to book with them again ..

Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Explain some more about the Euro delivery if you would. I have a Jan RS build date and am getting Euro delivery as well. Porsche is letting me run their test track and do some facility tours. I would like to know what to do when there besides that normal stuff. In addition, the director of sales and director of marketing are arranging for the factory workers and drivers to sign the underside of the hood similiar to the Panorama article. Should be great. What else should I/we do when we are there? My salesman and the dealership GM are going with me.
If you are doing January pickup it is very unlikely you will get a run on the Ring. Its in the Eifel mountains and it will likely be too cold or snowy to run. (I am running later May and it is still iffy. It is not open all the time so you need to check in advance. There are god driving schools there and I would be careful about running it solo if you have not done it before. Its a dangerous place. My instructor showed me a corner where 5 GT3s had been written off in the Spring of 2008.

There is a fair amount to see in Germany provided the weather cooperates. Apart from the Porsche museum, the Mercedes museum is spectacular and close by. Spa is a brilliant track if you do get a shot at the Ring and its not far from there. Berlin is a brilliant and fun city.

There is absolutely nothing to do in Nurburg itself except talk and live cars.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:22 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daggie
I did 1 RMA trackday this year and I don't intend to book with them again ..
Which one was it Daggie? ... Was there a problem?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Daggie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Which one was it Daggie? ... Was there a problem?
Problem is not the correct word to describe my feelings.

I live approx. 1h45mins from Spa. I did Spa about 6 or 7 times this year and RMA was the worst one. First of all .. they are quite expensive, thus I expect premium quality. I've done more expensive trackdays with Pistenclub (http://www.daggie.be/?p=359), but I will track with them again as I got good value for money. With RMA the track was really crowded. The "boss"-guy also said they had sold too many places at the briefing. (Don't know who it actually was, but he was quite arrogant .. yet in his position I can respect that arrogancy.) Not only too many cars on track but the difference in cars was ridiclulous: from actual race cars (R8 GT3, 430 Challenge, Corvette C6R, ...) to 30 rented BMW 320i's .. rented for a company incentive and thus driven by complete idiots. To prove my last point, they totalled 7 of those BMW's. Also the rented BMW's all drove behind eachother (I think they were not allowed to pass eachother).

All those issues made it impossible to perform a fast lap, without being stuck behind 30 idiots you had to pass. I don't mind the really fast guys. I don't even really mind the really slow guys, but being in between them really sucked.

I have a movie of that day online: http://www.vimeo.com/5034579

I have a lot of opportunities to track @ Spa, so RMA is off the table for me. However if they have days at other tracks, I might reconsider them.

(If you google that trackday - 28/05/2009 - you will find many other disappointed drivers)

Last edited by Daggie; 12-05-2009 at 11:12 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.