Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
I WENT WITH RSR ( from the RIng), and they had very few cars. We only had a couple of hours, but I got two laps of Spa with only one other car on the track!

Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daggie
Problem is not the correct word to describe my feelings.

I live approx. 1h45mins from Spa. I did Spa about 6 or 7 times this year and RMA was the worst one. First of all .. they are quite expensive, thus I expect premium quality. I've done more expensive trackdays with Pistenclub (http://www.daggie.be/?p=359), but I will track with them again as I got good value for money. With RMA the track was really crowded. The "boss"-guy also said they had sold too many places at the briefing. (Don't know who it actually was, but he was quite arrogant .. yet in his position I can respect that arrogancy.) Not only too many cars on track but the difference in cars was ridiclulous: from actual race cars (R8 GT3, 430 Challenge, Corvette C6R, ...) to 30 rented BMW 320i's .. rented for a company incentive and thus driven by complete idiots. To prove my last point, they totalled 7 of those BMW's. Also the rented BMW's all drove behind eachother (I think they were not allowed to pass eachother).

All those issues made it impossible to perform a fast lap, without being stuck behind 30 idiots you had to pass. I don't mind the really fast guys. I don't even really mind the really slow guys, but being in between them really sucked.

I have a movie of that day online: http://www.vimeo.com/5034579

I have a lot of opportunities to track @ Spa, so RMA is off the table for me. However if they have days at other tracks, I might reconsider them.

(If you google that trackday - 28/05/2009 - you will find many other disappointed drivers)
I think I know who you are talking about, his name is Graeme, was his son also there? (he races in UK)... I missed the first one and I did hear it was far too busy, I done the one in October which was very, very quiet. I know exactly what you mean regarding differences in cars, there was a couple of DTM Cars, Radical SR8, RSR at ours and for some that have minimal experience on track that can be a disaster waiting to happen, especially when RMA has overtaking on both sides... don't get me wrong, I prefer overtaking on both sides but most track events are now left only, this can confuse drivers. I usually go with Autotrack as they have been doing SPA twice a year, every year for about 12 years, but this year something went wrong with booking a certain date and they have now pulled out.

Do you talk to Dirk?

Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Daggie is infamous around these parts
Overtaking left only is a UK-kinda thing ... I've only experienced it with UK-based track organisers (eg. BookATrack) and on the Nordschleife. In Belgium/Germany you can overtake on either side. However I agree with the confusing part ... I got black flagged at Brands Hatch, because I outbraked a 2-11 on the right side ...

Do you mean Dirk Schoysman? I had a Nissan GT-R training with him
Small vid of him driving a 350Z: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTDJgJ7UcI

RMcG: post a date when you have one, we'll come and do some sheering

Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Daggie
Overtaking left only is a UK-kinda thing ... I've only experienced it with UK-based track organisers (eg. BookATrack) and on the Nordschleife. In Belgium/Germany you can overtake on either side. However I agree with the confusing part ... I got black flagged at Brands Hatch, because I outbraked a 2-11 on the right side ...

Do you mean Dirk Schoysman? I had a Nissan GT-R training with him
Small vid of him driving a 350Z: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTDJgJ7UcI

RMcG: post a date when you have one, we'll come and do some sheering
Will do