Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.

My green RS.1 is going to have a new sibling. White/red RS.2, decals deleted. Picking it up in Zuffenhausen May 14, with a run down to Monza for a track day, plus Ring and Spa. Looking forward to seeing how it takes to the Ring compared to the RS.1.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am not surprised that you are doing another trip! You need to post photo's for the rest of us to enjoy!

May 14 should be really nice weather at the tracks.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
I will never buy a Euro sports car without Euro delivery. Its one of the exceptionally good things to do!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Have fun and be safe. Please take pics for us!!!

-Nathan

Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RMcG
I will never buy a Euro sports car without Euro delivery. Its one of the exceptionally good things to do!
I want to do it one day, perhaps my next car. Are you allowed on the Ring with the plates that you use?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
That was what I said, but my build date is 02-22-10, it is probably snowing and I don't want to be in Europe in March. That and $4K + extra 2K insurance if you want to keep it there for 2 months instead of 2 weeks. You also have to deposit 15K that you get back after the car arrives.

I was looking forward to Spa and the N'ring. It was a hard decision, but wrong time of the year and I felt ripped off. What is the 4K for? Not even a plain ticket included.There is no extra cost, other manufacturers even give discounts.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Congrats. Thats going to be a great experience.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Big congrats, that's awesome!!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
RMcG,

That is amazing news, good call on the decal delete! Congratulations, hopefully the next few months waiting game will go quickly for you...

Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I want to do it one day, perhaps my next car. Are you allowed on the Ring with the plates that you use?
Very tricky,this.
(1)
I had no problem with my M6 in 2006 using the red tipped temporary plates that come with the euro program. However, it is technically forbidden to use them for public days at the Ring. (Schools are OK). The rule is sporadically enforced, however.

(2) There is no problem at all with foreign plates. I shiped my RS.1 with Canadian plates to Germany is 208 and had no problem at all.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
RMcG
I have been waiting a long time to do Euro delivery but the timing is not good this year.
I would like to ship the car back in 2011 and use it for a month. Spa, The Ring, the Stelvio Pass, etc.
Any info you have on shipping the car, insurance,or anything else I would need to know would be appreciated.
Good Luck, I know you will have a blast.
Thanks, Rich

Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Racerich
RMcG
I have been waiting a long time to do Euro delivery but the timing is not good this year.
I would like to ship the car back in 2011 and use it for a month. Spa, The Ring, the Stelvio Pass, etc.
Any info you have on shipping the car, insurance,or anything else I would need to know would be appreciated.
Good Luck, I know you will have a blast.
Thanks, Rich
(1) Its not cheap..cost me about $10k return. If you call any of the major shipping lines they will fill you in. The car is basically put in a custom made box inside a shipping container.
(2)Shipping line should be able to sort out brokerage for you. There are various forms to be filled in and you need your ownership docs to get the car released from customs.
(3) Arrange temp insurance through your broker. I took six months (cheaper) and they cancelled it after the three weeks I needed it. You also need transit insurance for the car.
(4) Insurance will no cover tracks, including the Ring. I took the ( cheap) ADAC liability insurance as well, which can be readily obtained at any ADAC office in Germany.
(5) You need to organize it well in advance, several months to get the paperwork done. Allow three weeks each way for shipping door to door.
(6) Go the Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring site for all possible information. It is VERY comprehensive. Spa is open for trackdays but needs to be arranged. I used RSR at the Ring to arrange it. (Its only 90 mins from the Ring).

Have fun!! Below...some of my cars at the Ring and Spa

Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
1) Its not cheap..cost me about $10k return. If you call any of the major shipping lines they will fill you in. The car is basically put in a custom made box inside a shipping container.
Porsche would charge 6K for keeping the car there 2 months. So paying additional 4K+insurance is not the end of the world to go on vacation when and where you want!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
When are you going to be at SPA in May?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Daggie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
extra 2K insurance if you want to keep it there for 2 months instead of 2 weeks.
You can put it at my place for 2 months if you want It's 1h30 away from Spa.

996TT_STEVO: Pistenclub is doing Spa in April and June .. haven't seen May though ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my RS.2 build date..Euro delivery.