Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Has anyone successfully installed a child seat in the back of a GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:40 PM
futheman is infamous around these parts
Has anyone successfully installed a child seat in the back of a GT3?

Has anyone successfully installed a child seat in the back of a GT3? I have a 2 yo that I would like to be able to strap into a car seat in the back of an 04 GT3. I searched and saw where some guys talked about using the factory anchor locations, but never saw where anyone actually used them to install a child seat in the back.

Looking to see if anyone has done this mod and what was required.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
There was a post on Rennlist. Look under 997 GT2/GT3 Forum, and search for "Rear seats installed (pics)".

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
dxd
dxd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by futheman
Has anyone successfully installed a child seat in the back of a GT3? I have a 2 yo that I would like to be able to strap into a car seat in the back of an 04 GT3. I searched and saw where some guys talked about using the factory anchor locations, but never saw where anyone actually used them to install a child seat in the back.

Looking to see if anyone has done this mod and what was required.
I just had one installed at the Porsche dealer in my 041 GT3. It is installed in the front seat however they need to put a bar under the deat that disables the airbag. The seat and install cost about $900 or so. I purchased the most expensive of the seats which is problaby the one you will need. It fits kids 25-70 LBS. My son is 2.5 and this is the only seat that fits. It has a piece that fits on the childs lap and then the seat belt wraps on top of the lap bolster. once he is older the "bolster" can be removed and he can just use the seatbelt. I am out of town but I will try to post photos later. Here is the link with the factory photo: http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...eats/overview/

It is the middle seat with the bolster. You must make sure to disable the airbag or serious injury can occur. The dealer will progtram and install the system for you. Hope this helps.