Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recent track day at Sepang... how many GT3s and GT2s can you spot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Recent track day at Sepang... how many GT3s and GT2s can you spot?

Some pics of our recent track day, and a couple pics of my rims after 2 off road excursions... man I gotta stop doin this

I actually got to ride in my friends cup car as he decided to use that for the track day instead of his GT3.... it was an absolutely stunning experience....

Attached Images      

Last edited by Harold; 12-13-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
my rims... slightly the worse for wear....

Attached Images  

Last edited by Harold; 12-13-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Lots of debris on and off the track. But it is great to see you exercising your car properly

Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
Lots of debris on and off the track. But it is great to see you exercising your car properly
Yeah mate... unfortunately all the debris on the track came from my car dropping the gravel after I drove it back to the pits from the beaching! The rim damage came entirely from the gravel pit beachings that I took this time round....

Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Damn,
Porsche nirvana.
Had to be nothing but cool.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
fun stuff. thanks for sharing.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Awesome shots! Hard to believe your wheels took that much of a beating! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:44 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Very cool outing and shots. Nice cars. Good excuse for a new set of track wheels?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Awesome commitment from you guys!
If I am not mistaken buying a car like that in Singapore costs at least twice as much as in the US, add to that the road tax what is it, $10000? Wow, and drive another 6-8 hours to Sepang? Once there, you have a superb track though and I am sure all the inconveniences are forgotten.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Very cool outing and shots. Nice cars. Good excuse for a new set of track wheels?
hahaha... exactly my thoughts....

Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Awesome commitment from you guys!
If I am not mistaken buying a car like that in Singapore costs at least twice as much as in the US, add to that the road tax what is it, $10000? Wow, and drive another 6-8 hours to Sepang? Once there, you have a superb track though and I am sure all the inconveniences are forgotten.
mate, you have some friends from Singapore ? Yeah a GT3 costs about USD350k or more here unfortunately.

Sepang is actually only about 350km from Singapore so can be reached relatively quickly depending on the speeds we can reach given traffic conditions. There are typically track days every month that one can attend at Sepang, and as you have said it is a world class track... its part of the Formula One agenda... and always awesome to drive on the same track that those guys race on...

We have a group of friends that try to do at least one track day a month at Sepang.... its always a fun event with track time followed by quite a few nice cold beers in the nearby city of Kuala Lumpur to recap on the days track activities followed by a fun night on the town then back to Singapore the following day. This is life...

Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 AM
nine11 is infamous around these parts
Harold, is it a Porsche club event, or a bunch of like minded guys who meet? I'm in KL and thinking of casual tracking. Any restrictions for cabrios, I notice one in the group. Do you turn up on the day or is there some pre-registration needed? Cost? I know more questions than answers in life!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Looks like a great turn out

Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by nine11
Harold, is it a Porsche club event, or a bunch of like minded guys who meet? I'm in KL and thinking of casual tracking. Any restrictions for cabrios, I notice one in the group. Do you turn up on the day or is there some pre-registration needed? Cost? I know more questions than answers in life!
Please do join us! 11/12 was a PCS event, we have another on 15/1 that is a mix of cars! Actually had a friend based in KL who came down with his car on 11/12... he is a member of PCS but based in KL.

Do drop by on 15/1 afternoon session as we have a mixed group going up and have a chat. will see if we can get you on that track day if you are keen. Cabriolets etc all welcome for sure! Pre registration needed as there are limited slots. Cost for a PCS event is MYR600, for other events its more like MYR400...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Great pix thanks for sharing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recent track day at Sepang... how many GT3s and GT2s can you spot?