Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Rear bumper hitch mount is not a good idea ... legally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Azzurri
Putting a trailer hitch on a GT3 will work, and since yours is silver, all the duct tape you use to make sure it stays attached will blend right in. Seriously, is this a joke or have we made the full transition to bizzarro world?
Not all GT3/RS are garage queen or just for show. Some people actually track their "precious" GT3. Some of the best driver I known haul their R-compound track tires inside of their GT3/RS or use some sort of make shift trailer shown above ... and they even remove their floor mats too! LOL

So don't be shocked if you see a GT3/RS haul a trailer to the track. Spend some time at a race track and you just might learn what your GT3/RS is all about

Last edited by mikymu; 12-20-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:07 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
+1. plus you save miles on the odo by not driving the car to/from the track which is typically more miles than the miles you do at the track. if only i had the space to park a trailer at home...
I am lucky to have a parking spot at a storage lot about 3 miles from my house.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
having a trailer will immediately make you go faster 'cos you don't have to worry about a ride home in case something happens at the track.
of course, i want you to buy one so you can haul hooters for me.
It is true, the thought of knowing you will make it home regardless of what happens allows me push a little harder. Hoosiers also make a difference on track performance, but they are like crack, once you try them, nothing else will do!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=mikymu;2657733]Hey Joe, trailer maybe coming sooner than later. These GT3 cup car price are dropping like rocks. I was hoping to throw my hooter girls on your trailer

Check out these cup cars on rennlist

I want dibs on your RS - especially since the LSD has been resolved already!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Azzurri is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu
Not all GT3/RS are garage queen or just for show. Some people actually track their "precious" GT3. Some of the best driver I known haul their R-compound track tires inside of their GT3/RS or use some sort of make shift trailer shown above ... and they even remove their floor mats too! LOL

So don't be shocked if you see a GT3/RS haul a trailer to the track. Spend some time at a race track and you just might learn what your GT3/RS is all about
Wow! We're a bit touchy, aren't we? There's nothing more fun than a GT3 on a track - I'm just not ready to see them running down the road with trailers behind them (that's why they make trucks).

Old 12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
rassfan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Azzurri
Wow! We're a bit touchy, aren't we? There's nothing more fun than a GT3 on a track - I'm just not ready to see them running down the road with trailers behind them (that's why they make trucks).
ease up there buddy.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...fting-nsx.aspx

Old 12-21-2009, 02:58 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
One thing very important... It's not the buying a Cup Car, IT"S MAINTAINING IT!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 AM
StreetSpeed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
One thing very important... It's not the buying a Cup Car, IT"S MAINTAINING IT!
If there isn't a thread titled something like "Everything you need to know about maintaining a Cup Car for HPDEs" I wish someone would start one.

I've heard people say they need a full rebuild every 20 hours and some people say every 200 hours. 20 hours I'd understand if racing competitively, but if the thing will run just fine on 200 hours if all you're gonna be doing is passing Miata's once or twice a month, then suddenly a Cup car makes sense. That is, when I have an extra 100 grand lieing around. And a toe vehicle. Etc.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 AM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
I love it!

Like I have said before, I think you are the most DIY'er Porsche driver I have ever seen. If I had the cash for something like this, I would totally be doing it the same way. It isn't about what some fellow drivers/online e-folk think about what a car of prestige should and shouldn't be doing.

It is about what works, function over fashion. I like how you taking a very grassroots approach to your motorsports. Fantastic.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:46 AM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
Here's what I just bought, this will avoid me having to purchase a trailer for a couple of years that I have no room to store. Drove it around for about 5 minutes, without a set of tires on it, and seems fine, will give further impressions after I take my first 100 mile trip.

Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
If there isn't a thread titled something like "Everything you need to know about maintaining a Cup Car for HPDEs" I wish someone would start one.

I've heard people say they need a full rebuild every 20 hours and some people say every 200 hours. 20 hours I'd understand if racing competitively, but if the thing will run just fine on 200 hours if all you're gonna be doing is passing Miata's once or twice a month, then suddenly a Cup car makes sense. That is, when I have an extra 100 grand lieing around. And a toe vehicle. Etc.
Erm no!.. you will find that Cup Cars are very different, they run different suspension, bushes/joints, arms, etc etc, (and some could have a Hollinger) basically a solid racing car... firmer ride, more wear and tear, so the downside you have when running these is the maintenance costs start going through the roof... would you buy a Cup Car and not maintain it? doesn't make any sense!
Agreed, it doesn't have to be 20hrs on certain components, but you will find you are changing parts constantly.

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 12-21-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Luckily for us Singapore trackers, there are services available for storage of rims and tires at Sepang race track which is the track we frequent....

Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ErikG
Here's what I just bought, this will avoid me having to purchase a trailer for a couple of years that I have no room to store. Drove it around for about 5 minutes, without a set of tires on it, and seems fine, will give further impressions after I take my first 100 mile trip.
Wow you trailer dudes are serious.....

Erik can you show a pic of your RS Hitch?

what is it attached/welded to, the bumper supports?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Luckily for us Singapore trackers, there are services available for storage of rims and tires at Sepang race track which is the track we frequent....
Lucky man

Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Lucky man
+1, all you need now is a pit team to change the wheels, and fill the tank.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper hitch mount is not a good idea ... legally