Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

video: gt3 rally cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 06:30 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
Responding to RaphaelP:

I drive for this team: http://www.mhracing.com.mx/index.php...on=005_drivers

I am part of a 3 car team. They allow cars up to 1973, but nothing can run with the '56 Studabaker with a Richard Childress NASCAR motor in it. I can cover them in the tight twisty roads. Then up north, where the roads open up, those cars hit 180MPH and I can only hit 130. A well equipped RS ran 3 years ago as an "exhibition" and he barely cracked the top 10. All the vintage cars are built specifically for the Mexican roads. PM me and I will get you in the loop....you can work or volunteer for a crew. The crews don't sleep for days on end! I have a 3rd, 4th and 5th overall int the 4/c Volvo. I was in second this year (out of 110 cars)...by a mile this year and I flew off the road and crashed. I recovered to finish 5th. Next year we are adding PCCBs to the car and going with glass panels. Better braking and lighter weight should keep me up toward the front unless I screw it up again!

Attached Images   

Last edited by kscheible; 12-24-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:24 PM
tar6day is infamous around these parts
Any FIA sanctioned rally. I ran Group N in Canada, US and Mexico. The class is still part of the world championship. They are mostly production cars with upgraded suspension, gear box, brakes, etc.

Here is a link to a few shots of this class:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-jffC8wWk

I attached my last Group N car.

Quote:
Originallyails Posted by tar6day
where do you race in group N?
Attached Thumbn
That's pretty cool, I raced Rally America SP class this year 2009. My first year in rally, had a great time. Not even close to competition you run with/against. Did you do Mexico this year 2009? What car are you running now? Are you going to run the Rally America Rally Cross races in 2010?

Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
I am way past my prime. I ran in the US and Canada in the late 80's and early 90's. Then I went full time in 99 and ran until 2002. I was Pastrana's predecessor with Subaru. SP is a great class. I would never come back...I am use to the marathon rallies...2 days with minimal sleep. Lots of night racing which is my favorite. This is why I like Mexico....7-14 hours days in a row. I am trying to do historic Safari next.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Das90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kscheible
I am way past my prime. I ran in the US and Canada in the late 80's and early 90's. Then I went full time in 99 and ran until 2002. I was Pastrana's predecessor with Subaru. SP is a great class. I would never come back...I am use to the marathon rallies...2 days with minimal sleep. Lots of night racing which is my favorite. This is why I like Mexico....7-14 hours days in a row. I am trying to do historic Safari next.

I remember going to rallies when you and Mark Lovell (R.I.P) raced for Subaru. Those were the good days, I enjoyed spectating more back then, then I do now. Good to hear your still in the game. Hopefully in a few years i'll be able to start competing.

-Dominik