Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Jongbloed Wheels from Speedware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:54 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
How much did they run you if you don't mind me asking. If you could PM me a price, that would be great.

-James
Originally Posted by heavychevy
+1 on the price, p.m. as well.
Price -- more than ccw and less than Fikse, BBS and HRE
Call speedware
Great guys and they are eager to take some orders for Jongbloeds as it is a relatively new addition to their line up.
Pricewise, for this quality product, they hit the sweet spot in the market in my opinion... of course they are more than a one piece ccw... but for a 3 piece forged... they are priced nicely IHMO. Made in USA which I like. I also really like the fact that JB makes their own wheel halves... if you bend one, parts are not on back order from a wheel half seller... Ryan owns JB and is more dedicated to product and the technical aspects than marketing... so their website is not a good place to look for info... Speedware did the leg work for me and got me the pictures that I wanted to see before I placed my order.

Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
I hope you like the black anodized. My company does it for Jongbloed . Its military spec coat of anodize so it should last you
As long as it stays black, I will like it

Originally Posted by heavychevy
My only problem with anodizing is that it turns purple with heat. Is that preventable?
Would love to hear F1crazydrivers thougts on this... everyone knows Fikse had/has a black ano problem with purpling...

I will post pics when I get them on my car...

Old 12-25-2009, 02:05 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking wheels and wow those are LIGHT!!! Can't wait to see pix of them on your car.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:29 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
those are pretty light...

Old 12-25-2009, 03:37 AM
G6OON is infamous around these parts
Great choice. Nice wheels.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:41 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
If they are going to turn purple due to heat, PJ will certainly be one that will find out. He drives his car very fast, and creates a lot of heat in his brakes/wheels.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Well I can tell you the details but I would avoid it because i would be giving away my companies secret. But it has to do with the dye, the process time and the chemicals used. My company has a lab where we test all our chemicals. I'm not saying it will last forever, but with our process and chemicals we use, it takes longer. For example. I have had mine for a year and still looking great. The problem is that these dyes are made for indoors.

ps. if its our anodize, it should have our stamp.

pm for details

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 12-25-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:42 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
F1Loco

pm sent
At least I know who to call if they turn purple :-)

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys. I thought I would chime in on this. The wheels look great and will be awesome on PJ's car. Everone in the shop not wants to switch their wheels to Jongbloeds. The quality and finish on these wheels are absolutly amazing. If you're in the area stop by and check them out. You will be as inpressed as we all have been.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:20 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damn those are SICK!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
great wheels for sure ..........what's the turnaround time in getting a set. could you pm me a price for set of 18inch in 996tt fitment?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Those wheels look terrific...hoping you share some pictures once they are mounted on your GT3 as well.

Which model of Fikse wheels did you have? I currently have the Fikse Profil 13 in race black and would be interested in the weight comparison to that model. Fikse did send me the weights to mine (before they went under) and I believe mine were about 21 pounds (front) and 23 pounds (rear).

Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Damn those are SICK!
I knew you would like them -- they are unbelievably light in your hands..

Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
great wheels for sure ..........what's the turnaround time in getting a set. could you pm me a price for set of 18inch in 996tt fitment?
PM or call speedware if you do not hear from them... but I think you will... my lead time when I ordered them was 3 weeks or so...

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Those wheels look terrific...hoping you share some pictures once they are mounted on your GT3 as well.

Which model of Fikse wheels did you have? I currently have the Fikse Profil 13 in race black and would be interested in the weight comparison to that model. Fikse did send me the weights to mine (before they went under) and I believe mine were about 21 pounds (front) and 23 pounds (rear).
Hoping to have them put on tomorrow if the weather is decent... we had a stretch of a few nice days and today... rain...

I had fikse profil 13 in 996 gt3 fitment (18s) -- I do not recall the exact weights but I know they were north of 20 lbs -- your 21 and 23 sounds about right.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:43 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
F1Loco

pm sent
At least I know who to call if they turn purple :-)

Haha Thanks bud

We have a 1 day turn around. To bad you are in Washington or else i would give you a tour of my place.

Our company focuses on servers,network equipment, and medical equipment.
But we do work for Dinan and a few other car business's.
We almost had a contract with a Japanese car manufacture but we turned
it down since they were asking for less quality work and less $. Our commitment to our client is quality work.

These are my tips for example. These are Black Zinc, zinc is for steel. And Clear zinc for turbo housing.

p.s. hopefully the mods wont banned me. I'm not trying to promote by business here.
Just sharing with my fellow 6speeders.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 12-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
PJS
I checked out your website... nice place... very clean for a coatings place IMHO which is great!

you think you could black ano a set of BBS e88 that have gold centers? (I know nothing about the process)

Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
PJS
guys -- slight delay in getting them mounted as I elected to switch to a wheel stud kit in lieu of the wheel bolts... stud kit on order and will post pics when mounted...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jongbloed Wheels from Speedware