Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SharkWerks GT3 Track Exhaust Released: Video Included

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I'll get that for you after the holidays if I can convince the wife to turn on the Avid station one more time (frustratingly hard software to use) as it sounded good

On Laguna I think we should maybe just have electric cars out there at this point;(
Cool Alex. PM me when you have the video up

Question on your race exhaust. can you use the same software for both race and center bypass exhaust? I am sure folks at Laguna will not be too thrill when I rocket up turn 5 in the race exhaust ... may be we can come up with a Laguna sound mod for the race exhaust like this Boxster lol

People stuff all kinds of crazy pipes on their tail pipe just to direct the sound to the left - away from the sound booth. Every time I go there, there are always lose Jerry rigged exhaust pipes on the track lol

The weight loss from your race exhaust couple with a light weight battery can shave close to 100 lbs! ...... I figure I will probably get the 3.9L and race exhaust once I tired out my 3.6L

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thanks.. The car is a blast to drive.. 4350lbs w/ driver and somehow it manages to run Mid 10's.. LOL

Mike
You have some fast car there. Can't wait to see what's in store for your GT3!

Last edited by mikymu; 12-25-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey mike yup we also tuned the evomsit software for the center bypass set up too so there's a file for that purpose too.

You're right though with bucket seats, our track exhaust etc... One can really shave the weight down

Lol on the boxster@laguna....

Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
How much the track exhaust weigh?

Ranger

Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
How much the track exhaust weigh?

Ranger
Hey Ranger the total is 11 pounds.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey Ranger the total is 11 pounds.
HOLY SHARKS!

That's lighter than my dental fillings! Our weight distribution will be 59% front and 39% rear with your race exhaust. That means we will have to swap the rear wheels to the front and vice versa

Last edited by mikymu; 12-26-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Well I no know for sure the SW Race Exhaust w/ Evomsit Software has gained some good HP.. I was lucky enough to roll up on a 2010 GT3 yesterday on the highway and have a nice run with him.. Ill assume he was stock.. We rolled from 80 & 100 and up to 150+ and he had NO pull on me and I was coming around him in 5th.. Im guessing the 20-30whp is there from the Tune and Exhaust..

Unfortunately i never baselined my car which i should have done but was over anxious for the exhaust and tune before my next Track event.. Ill see what it makes next week sometime on our dyno..

Mike

Old 12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by mikymu
HOLY SHARKS!

That's lighter than my dental fillings! Our weight distribution will be 59% front and 39% rear with your race exhaust. That means we will have to swap the rear wheels to the front and vice versa
Hehe you have English teeth or something? Aye it makes a nice difference in terms of weight tho!

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Well I no know for sure the SW Race Exhaust w/ Evomsit Software has gained some good HP.. I was lucky enough to roll up on a 2010 GT3 yesterday on the highway and have a nice run with him.. Ill assume he was stock.. We rolled from 80 & 100 and up to 150+ and he had NO pull on me and I was coming around him in 5th.. Im guessing the 20-30whp is there from the Tune and Exhaust..

Unfortunately i never baselined my car which i should have done but was over anxious for the exhaust and tune before my next Track event.. Ill see what it makes next week sometime on our dyno..

Mike
Very cool Mike... 20 is spot on and I bet the 2010 was surprised (if not a little hard of hearing). FYI... a bone stock 2010 makes about 15rwhp more than a 2007/8 on the same dyno we've found.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Posted on StreetFire as well as the quality is usually better than youtube

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ack_726351.htm

Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
How about on a stock ECU? Any drawbacks on that?

I'm on the muffler bypass and wondering whether is it worthwhile to change up.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by prodigue
How about on a stock ECU? Any drawbacks on that?

I'm on the muffler bypass and wondering whether is it worthwhile to change up.
hey prodigue it'll be fine on the stock ECU. We've tested it that way too however you won't get the same gains without the software up top. This system is great for the track but again if you drive a lot on the street it's probably best to stick with the bypass you have

Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Being a "Fred" car the exhaust needs to be light but loud so off comes the bumper:

Off comes the side muffler and remember this is X2:

Here's the SharkWerks Track Exhaust ready to be installed in place and on the scales...

And installed on the car with the bumper back on:

For those of you doing the math- we're saving a total of about 45 pounds off of the bum of the car.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
I just had the guys at Boardwalk Porsche install the Track pipe on my 2010 GT3. I had the bypass pipe which was awesome however I was ready to really open it up and the track pipe is amazing! I will try to make a vid when I have time however for those in the DFW area I will be down at C&C tomorrow morning if you want to hear it for yourself. All I can say is computer videos just don't come close to the real deal. This setup is amazing! Thanks Alex for all of your help... You really made it easy to get it setup with your step by step instructions and you’re a top notch guy to work with.... Looking forward to many more Shark attacks to come...

Old 04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by caltex
I just had the guys at Boardwalk Porsche install the Track pipe on my 2010 GT3. I had the bypass pipe which was awesome however I was ready to really open it up and the track pipe is amazing! I will try to make a vid when I have time however for those in the DFW area I will be down at C&C tomorrow morning if you want to hear it for yourself. All I can say is computer videos just don't come close to the real deal. This setup is amazing! Thanks Alex for all of your help... You really made it easy to get it setup with your step by step instructions and you’re a top notch guy to work with.... Looking forward to many more Shark attacks to come...
Thanks Caltex..... and so glad you like it. Have fun and set off some alarms

Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
This one's for you Caltex...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz_rJ1jnQ4

Old 04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
That is awesome!! Loving my Sharkwerks track pipe everyday... heading back out to run some laps around Dallas now....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks GT3 Track Exhaust Released: Video Included