Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

excellence gt2 vs zr1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 AM
GTII is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bara
track performance aside, the zr1 just isnt very exciting when compared to the 100k and above club. it looks just like the tired old C6Z, and now you can have the looks in the 45k grand sport C6.

there is alot more to a car and you can bet the zr1 guy is envious looking at the GT2 in his rear view mirror

former c6z owner here
I have been at the track in my Z06 and passed 997 GT2's. When I look in my rearview mirror, I don't feel envy, I pity the fool who spent 194K for a car that might fetch 140k less than a year later. Typically, when they see the fast couch coming behind them they just pull over anyway. It makes me smile ..... not really, I actually have a $hit eating grin on my face!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTII
I have been at the track in my Z06 and passed 997 GT2's. When I look in my rearview mirror, I don't feel envy, I pity the fool who spent 194K for a car that might fetch 140k less than a year later. Typically, when they see the fast couch coming behind them they just pull over anyway. It makes me smile ..... not really, I actually have a $hit eating grin on my face!

That's funny, I drive by Z06's so fast you would think they broke...which if you do track the Z06 often it most likely was.
LOL

In many cases it's the driver..plus so much more, to be had in set-up.

Last edited by Z06; 12-29-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
When a 100k car loses to a 200k car by one-tenth of a second, it still wins. Put a set of cup tires on the ZR1 and the GT2 is toast!
Your 100k car lost not only to the sub 100k Cayman S in both comparisons, but to other sub 100K cars. The evaluators obviously found many things that they felt relagated the ZR-1 to 6th and 13th place. It was not the best car for the road and street, in the opinion of some respected race pros.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I should have known that this tread was going to go this direction, however here is my input.

If a person buys a car strictly on performance for the dollar then they probably should even be looking on this forum. While I like performance, it is only a small part of my consideration when buying a car. Price, while a factor, is of less importance that others. Any members with marketing experience will know that this is true (in general) of all goods.

While I admire the new ZR1 and corvette for what it is I am not drawn to it at all so could not own one. In comparison, a hooker on the street may be able to out perform many other women and in many cases look fantastic; yet for some reason there is just no interest to me. Not even for just a test drive.

As for price; what you pay up front may not be the total cost in the end.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sloopy
I should have known that this tread was going to go this direction, however here is my input.

If a person buys a car strictly on performance for the dollar then they probably should even be looking on this forum. While I like performance, it is only a small part of my consideration when buying a car. Price, while a factor, is of less importance that others. Any members with marketing experience will know that this is true (in general) of all goods.

While I admire the new ZR1 and corvette for what it is I am not drawn to it at all so could not own one. In comparison, a hooker on the street may be able to out perform many other women and in many cases look fantastic; yet for some reason there is just no interest to me. Not even for just a test drive.

Completely accurate in my opinion. It's the same way I can admire a gorgeous redhead (nothing against reds) but never see myself taking one home...I just prefer brunettes, to each his own!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This GTII guy just hates losing to Porsche's. Bit of a sore thumb kinda guy.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:26 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This GTII guy just hates losing to Porsche's. Bit of a sore thumb kinda guy.
Good to see some better comments coming in. He has fallen off the thread. Age shows.
I will bet money he doesn't own a single car listed. Noone drives a GT3 and a Z06 and then talks that kind of trash. And noone in a Z06 drives by a GT2. He just proved he has never driven one. LOL. He even got mad and gave me negative points. LOL even more.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 12-28-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
GTII is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Good to see some better comments coming in. He has fallen off the thread. Age shows.
I will bet money he doesn't own a single car listed. Noone drives a GT3 and a Z06 and then talks that kind of trash. And noone in a Z06 drives by a GT2. He just proved he has never driven one. LOL. He even got mad and gave me negative points. LOL even more.
How much money?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
I use to live in Miami and I have meet GTII at Sebring raceway and been on the track with him with my 997 GT3 (See my Avatar) a few times with his 996 GT2 & 360 Stradale. He's not a bad guy, he's very competitive and an experience driver.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
He's done nothing here but be abrasive and insulting. Guess all the heroics and trash talking don't translate into real life.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sloopy

As for price; what you pay up front may not be the total cost in the end.

hehehe....hooker on the street...

Old 12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
He's done nothing here but be abrasive and insulting. Guess all the heroics and trash talking don't translate into real life.

I would definitely agree to that. Or maybe we just really don't know.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If you want to discuss the merits of the ZR1 versus the GT2, please do so in a more civil manner. If you want to trash talk about your driving skills, please find another forum.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
The ZR1 is a hell of a damn fast car. Kudos to GM for producing it.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
The ZR1 is a hell of a damn fast car. Kudos to GM for producing it.
For GM, I could not agree more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: excellence gt2 vs zr1