Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

excellence gt2 vs zr1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
Curious, does anyone know what max cornering g's these cars did in this test?

I would like to compare stock vs. mod?

With the P50 pads i have seen over 1.3 g's compared to this test of 1.1 g's.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Z06
Curious, does anyone know what max cornering g's these cars did in this test?

I would like to compare stock vs. mod?

With the P50 pads i have seen over 1.3 g's compared to this test of 1.1 g's.
test G forces are measured by driving the car around a 200 foot asphalt circle to the limit of adhesion. if you got your 1.3 from a corner at the trak, its not the same test.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bara
GM had some big ***** trying to build and sell a 100k+ vette to begin with. there are beautiful options for buyers looking to spend north of 100k on a car and most in that group would not have any interest in a vette regardless of its performance. then on top of that, they copy the C6Z in most every detail. same body, same frame, same interior.

i dont agree that a GT3 and base carrera look the same. totaly different street presence and many styling differences, where as the Zr1 and GS do look 99% alike.

about track times, myself and a lot of people i know would pick the drivers car way ahead of the faster lap time. if you care more about the number than how you got to the number, then i wont argue with that.

the Zr1 and my modified C6Z feel like a couch compared to the GT3. i dont enjoy driving couches, even fast ones.

i hope i dont seem defensive, but it needs to be mentioned that those great performance numbers put up by the ZR1 come at a great price. its stupid fast, yes, but looses out in just about every other measure to cars its trying to compete against.

you call the new RS 'one of the most desireble track day cars'. its going to be slower than the zr1 so why the desirability. exactly
If your going to be realistic all Porsches look the same to the average Joe just as the Vettes do! Only the owners of both cars can really tell the difference from one model to the next as like the Vette the bodies resemble each other so closely. I like my GT2 better than my ZR1 as far as driver feedback and a few other things as well. I also think the Porsche is a better vehicle than the Chevy but I don't think it takes a lot of ***** to ask 115k for a 640 hp supercar with ceramic brakes, carbon fibre body panels and the performance that it provides the owner. Especially when considering the price of the GT2 at over 200k, it should have something more to offer, such as better interior materials and overall refinement which it does IMO. But not everyone likes the same things and I am sure there are many, many people that would prefer the ZR1 and the 90k in the glove box over a new GT2, me I like the GT2 better but appreciate what the ZR1 offers for the buy in and thats a lot of performance for the dollar and I thinks that has always been American Manufacturers strong point anyways.

Last edited by jamie furman; 01-12-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I agree

The ZR-1 and ACR are both bargains for what they offer. As good as or better than in every performance aspect compared to cars cost many times what they do. And not a lot of gizmos and technology to get it done. Good old fashion mechanical engineering. But they both do it in extremely different ways which cater to different segments. Win win.

The GT3 believe it or not is a bargain too. How many cars have you been able to take straight to a race stock and it hold up? The GT3 is the best, most performance enduring car of it's generation easily (996 and 997).

I don't like the ZR-1 because it has a supercharger (don't like the Ford GT either for that reason, and I think it's ugly). Put an NA LS7/LS9 based 454 with all forged internals and it would be killer (with a better interior).

Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 PM
StockToPerforma is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sloopy
In comparison, a hooker on the street may be able to out perform many other women and in many cases look fantastic; yet for some reason there is just no interest to me. Not even for just a test drive.

As for price; what you pay up front may not be the total cost in the end.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
test G forces are measured by driving the car around a 200 foot asphalt circle to the limit of adhesion. if you got your 1.3 from a corner at the trak, its not the same test.
Sorry, In this Excellence mag test, the data comes from the track..see "by the numbers", the 1.1 vs. my 1.3 is braking g's... not cornering.

My questions, what were the cornering G's of the ZR1 and the GT2 at the track during this test?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Z06
Sorry, In this Excellence mag test, the data comes from the track..see "by the numbers", the 1.1 vs. my 1.3 is braking g's... not cornering.

My questions, what were the cornering G's of the ZR1 and the GT2 at the track during this test?
I see, cant answer your question then

Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
It really stinks that Porsche won't give the Cayman that kind of power and the necessary suspension. The car begs for it.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
It really stinks that Porsche won't give the Cayman that kind of power and the necessary suspension. The car begs for it.
they have, its called the CGT

Old 01-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Spec is infamous around these parts
This forum surprises me with this magazine trash talk. Let's leave the magazine numbers to the kids but bring first hand experience to this thread.

To start let me first say I cannot afford either car. However, the ZR1 is incredibly fast. Regardless of it's interior. The 996's interior wasn't the best either. But, you don't buy a GT2 since it has Alcantera, you buy it for its history as one of the greatest supercars to hit the market. The power and history of turbo 911's is enough to justify it's price difference. The GT2 seperates itself from all other cars by its price by continuing with its exclusiveness.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Jamie, heck of a stable you have! How bout some pics of those hemi Mopars!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Jamie, heck of a stable you have! How bout some pics of those hemi Mopars!
I can do that!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
NICE!!
Takes be back, thank you very much

Old 01-19-2010, 12:19 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
they have, its called the CGT
I guess you could say that, but they could build a really hot Cayman for much less than the $500 grand that the CGT cost.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:12 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

DVR ALERT!!!

Corvette ZR1 vs "the Porsche Turbo" ON VIDEO!

According to my Tivo, 'SuperCars Exposed' on Monday, January 25th, 2010,
will have an episode called, "The American Supercar". 5:30PM (CA time)

The Description: The Corvette ZR1 vs the Porsche Turbo.

REPEATS: 9:30pm Monday 1/25/10
5:30am Tuesday 1/26/10

I personally don't know IF this will be the Excellence article ON VIDEO or not, but it should be interesting!