Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PVX: How to drop 1000 lbs from a GT3:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:33 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
And the brakes: Bought these as takeoffs from a fellow 6-speeder (thanks!) and designed the adapters and hats to make them fit:

Managed to fit the brakes under custom 17" wheels. They work really well on a 2150 lb car

Cooling system- now it gets tricky:

Yes, so far the cooling system can keep up with sustained high load, low speed running (1st and 2nd gear). This is particularly tough due to the lack of airflow. We have connectors on the lights, so we can quickly remove them to provide more airflow for hot days at the track if needed...

Attached Images      
Old 12-26-2009, 08:45 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
The dash coming together. I like the tight fit of the roll bar to the A pillar- from the driver's seat they disappear.

We mounted the oil tank forward for better weight distribution. Hard lines getting fabricated:

The aluminum panels to cover the rear seat area are bonded in, forming stressed skins that improve stiffness (like the carbon roof):

On the wheels. All the turn signals and rear lights are converted to LED- saves weight...

Exhaust setup- twin coast mufflers.

It's a little loud for some tracks- Alex at Sharkwerks is helping me look for some quieter alternatives for when they are required...

Oh, and a link to a quick video- the first time we started it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtkIlkGmT4

Attached Images      
Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 PM
That's the short version... 5 years!
Wevo did an amazing job- I just set the vision and helped out where I could.

So far the car is everything I could have hoped. Haven't been to the dyno yet, but a few people around here remember my old car, and it surprised a few moded 996 turbos once or twice... This car feels so much faster I have trouble getting my head around it!
It's not fully dialed in yet, but it's going to be a monster

Hope you enjoyed, and if any of you are in the bay area stop by a PCA autocross and I'll give you a ride

Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Man do I have a road for this car!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 04:02 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
awesome build! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:58 AM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
awesome!!!!! great project. Enjoy!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
OMG Pete! What a fantastic build. Now that is an amazing amount of custom fabrication. I will look for you at Thunderhill and make sure to give you the point by

Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Wow!!!

I would love to see the car in person.

Who is the shop that did the work?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Boostedbmw is infamous around these parts
wowwww

Old 12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That is an awesome project but it is not a GT3 base platform. I thought it was accomplished with a 997 GT3 as the base.
Regardless my total compliments and kudos with your project. Very exquisite detail.

Ranger

Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24madness
Wow!!!

I would love to see the car in person.

Who is the shop that did the work?
Wevo ... amazing work! http://www.wevo.com/

Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Tinker is infamous around these parts
WOW! Makes the ole 3.6 in an early chassis look old school.
That's quite a bit of re-engineering and the attention to detail looks excellent.

Enjoy.

Tinker

Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
That is amazing....

Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tinker
WOW! Makes the ole 3.6 in an early chassis look old school.
That's quite a bit of re-engineering and the attention to detail looks excellent.

Enjoy.

Tinker
Exactly, I was quite early to the 3.6/early chassis game, now look at what I have to do next to keep up

Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
Where are the people fron Excellence magazine? This car needs to be featured in it or a similar publication.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PVX: How to drop 1000 lbs from a GT3: