Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 as a Daily Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by avi8tir
If you have a Scud.... go for the CL63. The GT3 will obviously be more comfortable than the Scud, but its still a little rough as a DD, especially if you have other options. My daily is an E60 M5, which gives me a great balance between my 2 cars.
E60 M5... The sweetest Daily!!! Highly modified even better.. LOL

Mike

Old 12-27-2009, 01:14 AM
SHAIKH has a spectacular aura aboutSHAIKH has a spectacular aura about
i had the M5 but then i really didnt like the dealership here. i totally agree on the M5 being one of the best cars i have ever driven

I went to buy a panamera turbo and the dealer told me that he doesnt see me as a panamera driver. he said i am a 911 type of guy and he is trying to sell the GT2 or the GT3 he has in stock.

i do wish at times i had an automatic and a quieter car for a DD but then i have other cars at home and rarely drive them anyways

my 997 turbo had a fabspeed muffler bypass system and that was my DD and i loved it. Driving it on the Dubai track made it even more fun.

i will be very honest, the best thing about owning a porsche is the porsche club.... ferrari owners never drive their cars hard or even fast where i live. they are more like trophy wives..... i want to enjoy my car and so i thought i would get the GT3

Since many of you use it as a DD i think i will take my chance and get it... I think at 25 i should be driving a sports car as a DD before i get married.....hehe

Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Yugo is infamous around these parts
I really drive my cars to the fullest so a GT3 as a DD is a ok on my book

Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SHAIKH
i do wish at times i had an automatic and a quieter car for a DD but then i have other cars at home and rarely drive them anyways
i want to enjoy my car and so i thought i would get the GT3
Since many of you use it as a DD i think i will take my chance and get it... I think at 25 i should be driving a sports car as a DD before i get married.....hehe
At 25 I think you should go for either the GT3 or GT2!
Sounds like you have some other DD choices in your garage, so softer, cushier rides are there for you. Go for it, because after you get married, you may not have the chance anymore to own a real sports car.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 AM
mcm
mcm is infamous around these parts
I have also a Turbo 997 and did now order GT3 RS because Turbo was for me to much luxus car and want to feel a real race car.
Test also short time ago the new Turbo with PDK and think You would love this car for DD drive more then a GT2, also the new Turbo with PDK feels faster and better handling. Only if You prefer the sound and high reeving engine from GT3, like I do - go with a GT3 997II and You will love them every day. Your dealer should give You a test drive of the GT3 II - think then You will be in love ;o)

Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Yugo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
because after you get married, you may not have the chance anymore to own a real sports car.
It's more like when you have kids but there are trade offs

Old 12-27-2009, 10:21 AM
sunnspeed is infamous around these parts
Dd gt3

I have a 2010 GT3 and for a daily driver it is very noisy (road, engine, etc) if you use your phone alot of background noise to those you speak with. So I have a 2010 E63 as the daily "hot rod" driver. By the way, my steel brakes squeel like crazy.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Boostedbmw is infamous around these parts
do it

Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Slick //M is infamous around these partsSlick //M is infamous around these parts
although I haven't had much time to drive mine yet (weather in chicago) - I just bought a gt3 for a daily driver. I'm hoping it will get the job done, and still have my daily fun. Just make sure you have a nice 4wd truck for the winters / bad weather....I'll let you know more as time goes on

Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
all people who test drove the panamera said it feels like 911 and since you like the M5 a lot I think it will do it for you

Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Go for an E60 M5 and put the Dinan S3 package on it... thats the ultimate DD!!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:34 AM
mcm
mcm is infamous around these parts
Panamera is a very nice luxus car - that can drive fast but give You nothing feel - only luxus.
Turbo gives You a feel of quit luxus and impressive power (new Turbo with PDK is much better to drive and power feels again much stronger, also handling is improved)
GT3 - give You feel that sit in a race car and You will like enjoy every day
BMW - what`s this ;o)

Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Shiekhkicker is infamous around these parts
Omik ga7ba!

Originally Posted by SHAIKH
i finally sold my 997 Turbo as i really didnt like the squeaking sound from the ceramic brakes

i am looking for a daily car and am in between a cl63 and 997 mkII GT3. i know they are totally apart and i am leaning towards the GT3 as i love sports cars.

i am confused as i already have a '09 Ferrari Scuderia and still love everything about the GT3

i was waiting for the GT3 RS but the first car only comes in september 2010 and i cant be bothered to wait soo long

Do you think it will be suitable for a daily drive....i live 20 min from work with a little bit of traffic

thanks