Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

steering wheel...what are my options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Slick //M is infamous around these partsSlick //M is infamous around these parts
steering wheel...what are my options?

well...I love everything about this new GT3,...but to be honest I don't like the steering wheel. Having come from a couple //M cars, I'm used to a big fat leather wrapped wheel...this one just feels skinny and hard.

What are my options for something different?

thx in advance

Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Porsche offers a thicker sport steering wheel, if you're looking to retain the factory look. Then both FVD and TechArt offers aftermarket, thicker steering wheels. I have tried the grip on TechArt one (which, to me, looks very similar to the FVD one - san the badging) and it's nice and thick. For anyone with average size hands, they should work fine.
Here is a picture of the FVD wheel (w/ square bottom).

Last edited by lithium1330; 12-30-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Slick //M,

The wheel in your M was made by the same supplier that we use in Germany for our aftermarket wheels.

Here are all the wheels we carry for your GT3...

You will also need to purchase an adapter....

Lithium,

Nice picture!

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Slick //M is infamous around these partsSlick //M is infamous around these parts
thx guys - any other products to choose from?

Old 12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
rhonda - do you know what size the M wheels are? or what size this skynny wheel is in my car?

thx

Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
one more question

Does the airbag still function properly with replacement wheels?

Old 12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Slick // M,

Stock Porsche wheels (your skinny wheel) are typically 365 mm (14.3 inches). Our "Daytona" series Atiwe (manufacturer) are 340 mm (13.3 inches). Odds are that the M cars have the 340 mm set up.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Premium Sponsor
Absolutely. Atiwe uses the SRS generation II bags just like your GT3 factory bag.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
personally, i dont like the look of the aftermarket wheel centers. too puffed up looking and not porsche enough.

if you like the center of your porsche wheel and just want a fatter rim, dallas wheel can upgrade your stock wheel to just about any config you can dream up. obviously the base diameter will remain the same but you can fatten the rim and use different stiching and/or materials.

another option is to buy a factory thicker wheel from porsche

Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
MACarbon I'm sure could do something for you as well.....

Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
at first i thought the stock 997.1 gt3 steering wheel was too skinny. i have actually grown to like it very much and wouldn't want to change it any other way.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...om-review.html

The FVD wheels are realy nice. There was a new sponsor with some with flat bottoms and carbon that had the OEM center...you'd have to search on them.

Lots of options! Good luck. I would like a flat bottom as I put GT3 seats in since the pictures and I'd like the extra room.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-30-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slick //M
well...I love everything about this new GT3,...but to be honest I don't like the steering wheel. Having come from a couple //M cars, I'm used to a big fat leather wrapped wheel...this one just feels skinny and hard.

What are my options for something different?

thx in advance
I went with the TechArt wheel, nice and thick with a great grip.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)

Looks like one of the nicer options out there.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)

Very nice. I need one like that but with yellow stiching. How much $ these run?