Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

need front rotor replacement. anyone tried girodisc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
I have another question... when is the lip on the outer edge of the rotor too thick? can it be machined down if the rest of the rotor looks fine?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by marcw
I have another question... when is the lip on the outer edge of the rotor too thick? can it be machined down if the rest of the rotor looks fine?
I prefer slotted to drilled because I feel they last longer.

You dont want to machine down the lip because usually its an indicator that you need to replace the rotors.

Worn rotors can create very serious braking issues, so you definitely want to monitor your rotor wear and pad wear. I've experienced what happens when you have worn rotors and fresh pads and it isn't fun.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Do any of you slotted rotor users find that they wear pads faster than drilled rotors?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raiyu
I prefer slotted to drilled because I feel they last longer.

You dont want to machine down the lip because usually its an indicator that you need to replace the rotors.

Worn rotors can create very serious braking issues, so you definitely want to monitor your rotor wear and pad wear. I've experienced what happens when you have worn rotors and fresh pads and it isn't fun.

Yep, understand... my real question was the max lip thickness before the rotors need to be replaced. At the moment my rotor lip thickness is less than 1mm.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
I am planning on the same upgrade and was trying to decided on just slotted or cross drilled too... Seems slotted looks like the right option. Mr Sharkwerks carries these rotors have you talked to him?
yup get it from alex. my set should be in either today or tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
yup get it from alex. my set should be in either today or tomorrow.

Me too... just need to kill my front rotors first at Thunderhill. Talked with Mike the other day, he maybe going to Thunderhill too. How about you?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
wow.. that looks bad

Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Me too... just need to kill my front rotors first at Thunderhill. Talked with Mike the other day, he maybe going to Thunderhill too. How about you?
Just got OK from boss to take 2/25 and 2/26 off ... told him I will be racing monster truck lol

I will be at TH if it does not kill me to drive to Laguna one day and TH the next

Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
wow.. that looks bad
lol ... show us your Brembo on your CSL

Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
perhaps i can join you guys.. i'll ask ///M kevin as well

Originally Posted by mikymu
Just got OK from boss to take 2/25 and 2/26 off ... told him I will be racing monster truck lol

I will be at TH if it does not kill me to drive to Laguna one day and TH the next

i have no CSL

Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I've run them on Porsche and Ferrari. They make a great product and of very high quality. Without reservation I would recommend them.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
They're here See you soon!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
perhaps i can join you guys.. i'll ask ///M kevin as well

i have no CSL

WOW, nice wheel and brakes!! Did you polish the rotor before taking this picture? We all know you have the best looking white CSL

Tell Kevin I will instruct him if he come out to the track. I can guarantee my instruction will make him slower than Joe lol

Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Go for it... you being tired will give me a shot and staying ahead on the track

Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Go for it... you being tired will give me a shot and staying ahead on the track
lol, maybe I can stop by Sharkwerks on the way back from Laguna for some much needed RS kool aid before heading up to TH the next day.

You will love TH - it's so much safer than Infineon. I am sure you will be plenty fast in no time. I usually run the mixed group with trackmaster because I am faster at TH. I switch from mixed to your group at Infineon in the afternoon because I did not want the pressure to drive fast. The damn track was just way too cold ... esp after seeing that black 6 GT3 crash at turn 7

Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
lol, maybe I can stop by Sharkwerks on the way back from Laguna for some much needed RS kool aid before heading up to TH the next day.

You will love TH - it's so much safer than Infineon. I am sure you will be plenty fast in no time. I usually run the mixed group with trackmaster because I am faster at TH. I switch from mixed to your group at Infineon in the afternoon because I did not want the pressure to drive fast. The damn track was just way too cold ... esp after seeing that black 6 GT3 crash at turn 7
hehe for sure man... you still gotta see Kermit's 3.9 eh:P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need front rotor replacement. anyone tried girodisc?