Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

need front rotor replacement. anyone tried girodisc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
Glad you got the Girodisc on. Looks great. What was the weight difference if any. Oh, I notice a small dirt spec on the caliper Man! Do you wax your brake caliper? I think you wash your car too often that is why there are more crack on the outside of the rotor lol

Those RS29 pads sit pretty close to the hat but you have enough space. It was a PITA having to modify the brake pads to fit Cup rotors.

The difference in beer color makes it easy to bleed your brakes ... no difference in alcohol content right?
my digital scale was out of battery so i had to settle for my analog scale which i'm certain might be off but fwiw the girodisc front rotor was roughly 2-3 lbs LIGHTER than oem steel. girodisc ~20.x lbs. used oem ~22.x lbs. i'm sure RSSbryan's numbers are more accurate than mines (post #47).

Originally Posted by sasportas
Let me know what you think of the Giro Discs once you run them.

I ran an entire season - 25+ days without any issues or significant cracks. I only removed because I had reached the minimum thickness of the rotor.

Good luck!
nice. if i can get 25+ days out of these then it's well worth the money over oem. i'll try to post feedback after i ring these out at laguna in a couple weeks. i'm pretty sure i can still outbrake mikymu with his 380mm cup rotors with these.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
my digital scale was out of battery so i had to settle for my analog scale which i'm certain might be off but fwiw the girodisc front rotor was roughly 2-3 lbs LIGHTER than oem steel. girodisc ~20.x lbs. used oem ~22.x lbs. i'm sure RSSbryan's numbers are more accurate than mines (post #47).

nice. if i can get 25+ days out of these then it's well worth the money over oem. i'll try to post feedback after i ring these out at laguna in a couple weeks. i'm pretty sure i can still outbrake mikymu with his 380mm cup rotors with these.
OMG! At a quick glance, I thought there was a build in scale at the center of your Girodisc. Be careful, Once my 380 mm Cup rotors get couple cracks and shed some micro oz, I just might outbrake you on Andretti hairpin LOL

Old 03-23-2010, 03:58 PM
TCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura aboutTCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura about
im currently using protosport on the front of my RS. the price is right and they take lots of abuse!