Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 PM
DavidNR is infamous around these parts
GT3 Mega Test

Anybody read this yet? Gotta be good!

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
I have not, but where do you get this magazine?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
http://www.gtpurelyporsche.com/

looks like a interesting test

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-04-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
IMO the 2nd best Porsche mag available, after Excellence
They've come a long way,I like it much better than 911&Porsche World

Bill

Old 01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i think i can pretty much tell the result from the heading "the original, the best and the latest..."

so 997.1 is the best. but as with everything else, it depends on who is doing the review. excellence did a comparo between 996 (forgot if .1 or .2) vs 997.1 and they rated 996 as the better car. everybody knows 997.1 is the best but i am biased.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
1 vote for 996. Would like to see the mag scans as I've never heard of that magazine before or where to get one.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
1 vote for 996. Would like to see the mag scans as I've never heard of that magazine before or where to get one.

No Barnes & Noble at Chateau Elan

Seriously, you can find at most B&N or Borders. I have subscription through EWA.

How have you been doing man ?

Bill

Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
No B&N anywhere near here. But the sounds of cars going around the track will do.

Been good, freezing now, but looking forward to 2010!!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
rated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of light
I will have to go pick this up and have a read through, I personally would prefer the 997 GT3 over the 996 GT3.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
White-Bull is infamous around these parts
I have a copy - they rate the 997.2 as the best! I'll see if I can get it scanned and uploaded. There's also a good roadtest of the 997.2 on UK roads - not the world's best tarmac but it copes magnificently

Old 01-05-2010, 01:59 PM
BMWPower06 is infamous around these parts
love the GT3

Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by White-Bull
I have a copy - they rate the 997.2 as the best! I'll see if I can get it scanned and uploaded. There's also a good roadtest of the 997.2 on UK roads - not the world's best tarmac but it copes magnificently

Any track tests? Any real drivers?

3 generations of GT3 + no track test = F A I L

Now it's all subjective opinions of journalists on regular roads, a combination filled with uselessness IMO. Unless they have a professional racer in the cars.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 AM
White-Bull is infamous around these parts

Now it's all subjective opinions of journalists on regular roads, a combination filled with uselessness IMO. Unless they have a professional racer in the cars.
Don't be too quick to judge...

The cars were all taken round Hockenheim by German Test Driver Wolfgang Kaufman. Times were:

996 Mk1 - 1min 13.97
997.1 - 1min 12.0
997.2 - 1min 10.5

Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of

GT Porsche Article

Track: Hockenheim
Real Drivers: some German guy that appears to be able to do a top 15 lap time at Hockenhein

= PASS

There was a separate article in the same mag going in depth on the latest GT3 on public roads. I did not bother reading that.

Last edited by Harold; 01-06-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
here we go...

"with Hockenheim not being a local circuit we've enlisted the help of local test driver Wolfgang Kaufmann..."

now whether he is a "professional racer" is anybodies guess.... but I think he probably has a little idea about what a steering wheel is and a clutch, his times of 1min 13.97 for a 996 GT3 and 1.12 in the 997 GT3 and a 1.10 do appear to indicate he is an ok driver....

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track7.html

Last edited by Harold; 01-06-2010 at 04:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Mega Test