Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What exactly is the GT2 built for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
GT2 = ultimate Turbo'd Porsche.....
I would luv to own one (997 style)and might one day if the value keeps dropping like a lead balloon
I would have imagined that the prices would have held better since there weren't too many of them available/around.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT2CS
where do you drive all those cars in HK? and where do you keep them all?
I drive them on the street and they are scattered all over hk/china

Last edited by Crea; 01-09-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I got the perfect answer Bara.

Because I did 185 on a straight running away from a Lambo 640 on Steve's drive and I still had waaaaay more power to go. Also, my car was the only car you wanted to see haul **** going home from lunch on I-20. So, there must be some desire to "want" one.

All kidding aside, it is a track car and was built as a niche product. I had a DD Porsche, so I wanted something that would be a force on the track, and still be a rare car that could drive down the street. Plus, Porsche wanted to make a bunch of money, so they sold a scant 200 of the 997 GT2's at a stupid price, and there were more than 200 of us on the planet that wanted one. We were trying to do our part to help WW buy VW.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
Those who apply logic to tracking a porsche will rapidly talk themselves into a Z06. The GT2 is the biggest, baddest, meanest, most dangerous, fastest and most fun porsche you can buy. It's a double dose of epinephrine without an Rx. Why would you NOT buy one?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I got the perfect answer Bara.

Because I did 185 on a straight running away from a Lambo 640 on Steve's drive and I still had waaaaay more power to go. Also, my car was the only car you wanted to see haul **** going home from lunch on I-20. So, there must be some desire to "want" one.

All kidding aside, it is a track car and was built as a niche product. I had a DD Porsche, so I wanted something that would be a force on the track, and still be a rare car that could drive down the street. Plus, Porsche wanted to make a bunch of money, so they sold a scant 200 of the 997 GT2's at a stupid price, and there were more than 200 of us on the planet that wanted one. We were trying to do our part to help WW buy VW.

ok ok, you got me certainly the GT2 fulfilled its purpose that day. in that situation, its the car to have.

we had a sport bike rigged with cameras and at 175, you see the lambo and GT2 pull away and then the GT2 pulled away from the lambo. i was ahead about 1/2 mile up so didnt see what was going on behind me till i saw the vid.

at lunch after the drive, the lp640 driver told me he hoped to catch you in the turns but you never hit your brakes!!!

Last edited by Bara; 01-10-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
What I'd like to see is a direct track comparison between a GT3 RS and GT2. I have a feeling the GT3 RS will be a lot faster on most tracks for most drivers, especially the new 450hp GT3 RS. Maybe not on the Nurburgring, but on regular tracks RS will be faster for sure.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tuskir
What I'd like to see is a direct track comparison between a GT3 RS and GT2. I have a feeling the GT3 RS will be a lot faster on most tracks for most drivers, especially the new 450hp GT3 RS. Maybe not on the Nurburgring, but on regular tracks RS will be faster for sure.
For the most part, I would agree. In a month, or less, I could tell you by doing it myself. Only problem is the GT2 can be modded to death and I have cheated and done that.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
wheres this video you speak of ?

Old 01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
for the street, people get the carrera or carrera S. where more power is desired, you get a turbo. for the track, its the GT3, want more, get the RS, want all out racer, get a cup car.

what exactly is the GT2's intended use?

everyone agrees NA is the way to go for the track and the 3 is more fun and involving to drive than the 2.

that leaves street driving where Edmunds and a couple of GT2 owners i have spoken to say the 2 is not a comfortable street car.

for highway pulls, you can get a turbo to incredible power levels,

So, who buys the GT2 and why?

not knocking the car, just here to learn.
Mine was built to put 5 bus lengths on you, my friend

Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
ok ok, you got me certainly the GT2 fulfilled its purpose that day. in that situation, its the car to have.

we had a sport bike rigged with cameras and at 175, you see the lambo and GT2 pull away and then the GT2 pulled away from the lambo. i was ahead about 1/2 mile up so didnt see what was going on behind me till i saw the vid.

at lunch after the drive, the lp640 driver told me he hoped to catch you in the turns but you never hit your brakes!!!

I knew that would get under your skin. Love the pic and love that Lambo.

I don't have the video to post. I hope someone does or can later. Maybe Bara knows

Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
wheres this video you speak of ?

video clips of this drive have been deleted from utube for some reason. i will have a friend extract a clip from the original dvd that was made from the bike cam footage that day.

cc08gt2, didnt you have the dvd also?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
video clips of this drive have been deleted from utube for some reason. i will have a friend extract a clip from the original dvd that was made from the bike cam footage that day.

cc08gt2, didnt you have the dvd also?
I have a copy. Posting it and figuring out how are another thing alltogether.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I have a copy. Posting it and figuring out how are another thing alltogether.
same here, i will try to get a clip in the next few days

Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
The GT2 is for those of us that have an adrenaline deficiency, caused by years of Shifter Kart Racing, or from riding 190 HP, 420 lb LiterBikes that get from 0 -180 mph in 17 seconds..

It's for those of us that have owned 550 HP Porsche 944 Turbos, 650 HP Vipers and 500 RWHP Corvette Z06's and found then to be entirely lacking in all departments save the engine...

It's for those of us that crave the sledgehammer thrust of Turbos when they come on boost, for those that live for using their right foot as a biological "traction control" device... Once you have the lust for boost and the need to control the sleeping beast that lies above 1.3 bar, you can never go back...

It's for those people that require their recreational pastimes to be able to bite them back on occasion, to feel the need to tame something dangerous and wild... WE know that other "normal" people look at us and wonder if we have a death wish... but really, it's just too damn exciting to pass a GT2 up.. Every real Car nut should own one at least once in their lives... Trust me.. on the right day, on the right road, there is NOTHING that can compare... NOTHING...

Last edited by 80shilling; 01-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
I believe the 997 GT2 is a lot easier to drive daily then the 996 GT2?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What exactly is the GT2 built for?