Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What exactly is the GT2 built for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Let's clear some things up ... THE GT2 was not running away from me ... I did not have enough power to pull on the GT2 nor did he have enough to leave me ... I was waiting for the turns to try to pass him.

NOW if you want to get sticky ... I was catching him on the straight away until his car started to fall apart and I had to slam on my brakes to dodge an exhaust tip

Dario
My bad for trying to talk trash. I would agree with enough of that statement to call it true. You have a nice car and I have no clue how they compare. Probably equal. Hope to meet you soon and not when you have to dodge the tip of my new exhaust. They should not have used aluminum to piece together titanium made to reach thousands of degrees. Doing 185 on that road was fun though. Let's do it again.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Let's clear some things up ... THE GT2 was not running away from me ... I did not have enough power to pull on the GT2 nor did he have enough to leave me ... I was waiting for the turns to try to pass him.

NOW if you want to get sticky ... I was catching him on the straight away until his car started to fall apart and I had to slam on my brakes to dodge an exhaust tip

Dario
long time no talk dario. do you still have the lambo? hopefully will have some fun runs in '10

Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Hey if I had the money I'd get one too :P How cool to know you're driving a beast!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
I have no clue what it for , but i love it !!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Porsche aren't sure either which is why the next GT2 is being developed solely by the GT3/RS team rather than the turbo team.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Well the turbo is so fast now that to make the GT2 significantly faster they need to get more serious with it. Marginally faster won't do it.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
ill have a better clip in about 2 days. a small sample in this clip. at 1:15, the lambo takes off after the gt2. see speedo on lower right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frROr3m5WLE

Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
The GT2 is a genetic filter. Those who aspire to drive one are really good drivers or stupid. The stupid ones have more money than brains and they are removed from our gene pool. The really good drivers survive and then tell us stories so good we repeat them around camp fires at the track between driving days, for years to come. Widow maker, lawyer killers what ever you want to call it, it serves its purpose.
It truly is one of the greatest cars to come to our planet.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
I am beginning to gauge replacements for my 65 and feel that although totally different, AMG's 65s and Porsche's GT2 have the same niche. The 65 and GT2 are both ridiculously more expensive than the "next step down" and share a platform that is fairly widely produced. It takes a guy who appreciates what it has to offer over the slightly more inexpensive versions but also definitely has a number of screws loose because to the outside world. the car looks almost identical to an entry level version and the mid-sector versions can be made as fast or faster relatively easy. It's hard to really understand what makes a GT2 special unless you have the mentality that it appeals to. These are limited production almost "no holds barred" versions of their iconic siblings that are truly only appreciated by those who "get it" -m

Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
It takes a guy who appreciates what it has to offer over the slightly more inexpensive versions but also definitely has a number of screws loose
That's me ;-)
The one step down is 95% of the car for much less $$. If the top end cars would not exist you would be perfectly happy with a regular GT3 or Mercedes 63....

For street driving I like Turbo's, on track for me the linnear feel of N/A is a must.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:54 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bara
ill have a better clip in about 2 days. a small sample in this clip. at 1:15, the lambo takes off after the gt2. see speedo on lower right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frROr3m5WLE
I hit 185 on my speedo that day before the road made me nervous. We did Steve's run to the OK bridge the other day, where I hit 205. Crazy. The car has more too! It's clear I fit the mold.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Built to oversteer you into a wall once the Turbos kick in, ....
100% right !!