Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 gt3rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by montreal911
Its so bad that they would sell so high over msrp
not in Canada, dealers not allowed to do markups.

but I doubt that it will sell below MSRP ever...I will buy a second one before they do that.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
OP appears to be from California, and that's SOP there...do not commit cars to buyers but hold them for best price above MSRP. When I was shopping for both my Turbo (02) and GT3 (07), I could ALWAYS find cars immediately available in Ca, despite being sold out everywhere else...then they would tell you how much it would cost to get one immediately

Bill

Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
well lets see how long they sit on the showroom floors...of course the first allocations will sell to those that must have them at any cost, but after a couple of months the prices will fall just like the non RS version has.
Supply and demand...right now demand is high....in a few months the supply will outweigh demand....
then in 2 yrs the overage will all be on ebay and in dealers like they are now for the 07/08s

Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
I guess that's the same with anything in life. If you are willing to wait a few months or a few years, you will always pay less than the guy who bought a brand new one in the very beginning.

430's are now discounted way off MSRP, but in the beginning they were $100K over. There will always be ones that will pay to have it first, and there will always be those who are willing to wait and pay less.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
^^^^^^i have bought plenty of new cars but at those numbers im a "waiter"

Old 01-15-2010, 11:16 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimxyz
At Newport Beach recently one sales guy basically told me that only those who don't have to worry about the price should be buying the cars anyway... What the hell? Isn't that the Ferrari mantra?!
I will offer a free urine drug screen for that sales person ... and also a gentle pat on the cheek to wake him up. He needs to change the battery in his blackberry. We are not in 2007 anymore. For his information, Lehman Brothers is no more and GM went through bankruptcy and Porsche is now own by VW. He needs to check Zillow.com to see that his house has drop 40% in value. So many are unemployed in California there are practically no traffic on the freeway. Yes, there are still people out there with money but I am sure they are holding it tight just in case they can not recoup the massive loss in their retirement fund

I am happy with my .1 RS. Still trying to learn how to drive the damn thing on the track lol. Will wait for 998 RS with VW TDI boxer engine and steering mounted sequential shifter

Last edited by mikymu; 01-15-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:52 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
MSRP here. Ordered to my specs. April build.
Rich

Old 01-16-2010, 07:58 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I'm not paying over. Mine was built this week. It can't get here soon enough.