Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Factory pics of my GT3RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:35 AM
prodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Update: No RS's have made any boats. They will come on the next boat. As of this date, only 13 have been produced for the world. I'm afraid we made the slow boat over here. Dammit.

The GT2 is going to stay a track and modified car. I have tracked it a couple times. I may never track the RS, but might once for fun. It is not a daily driver, but just a fun car to have and drive around town. I do the DD thing with my Ford truck and remove stress with Porsche.
My question is then why bother getting the RS if you do not plan on tracking it and only driving it once in awhile? Why not buy just a regular GT3 in that case? Personally I would love an RS but if I knew I was not going to track it, I would not buy it and leave that allocation for someone who is planning on tracking it and using it to its full potential.

For me it is saddening to see cars like this with such capabilities sit as garage queens, these cars are meant to be driven.

Regardless though, congrats on the RS and enjoy it when it arrives.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by prodrive0
My question is then why bother getting the RS if you do not plan on tracking it and only driving it once in awhile? Why not buy just a regular GT3 in that case? Personally I would love an RS but if I knew I was not going to track it, I would not buy it and leave that allocation for someone who is planning on tracking it and using it to its full potential.

For me it is saddening to see cars like this with such capabilities sit as garage queens, these cars are meant to be driven.

Regardless though, congrats on the RS and enjoy it when it arrives.
I understand your opinions and they are valid. It's just that we all get to make our own decisions when possible. Unfortunately, I am betting that more than half of the cars made will be garage queens. Of the 6 coming to my dealer, I know of 4 already that won't be tracked. I think the tracking of these cars comes from the 2nd and 3rd owners. Maybe I'm wrong. I will assure you that when mine leaves the garage, it will be ***** to the wall until it returns. I can only drive one car on the track, and I don't want to beat 2 of em up. I've done enough of that with one that is way more expensive.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Brumos-59 is infamous around these parts
I will assure you that when mine leaves the garage, it will be ***** to the wall until it returns. I can only drive one car on the track, and I don't want to beat 2 of em up. I've done enough of that with one that is way more expensive.
Kudos to you. Thats more than 90% of our owners do with their Porsches. We have 3 of those 13 coming to us. Our first one will be completed on the 23rd. You are gonna have a blast in it.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
prodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the roughprodrive0 is a jewel in the rough
I understand your opinions and they are valid. It's just that we all get to make our own decisions when possible. Unfortunately, I am betting that more than half of the cars made will be garage queens. Of the 6 coming to my dealer, I know of 4 already that won't be tracked. I think the tracking of these cars comes from the 2nd and 3rd owners. Maybe I'm wrong. I will assure you that when mine leaves the garage, it will be ***** to the wall until it returns. I can only drive one car on the track, and I don't want to beat 2 of em up. I've done enough of that with one that is way more expensive.
Hope I didnt come off as attacking you, I understand everyone has different wants and needs for these cars and I am envious that you are in a positon to own two of the greatest street legal track cars Porsche has made. For me if I had the opportunity to own one I know I would want to track it all the time so I'm trying to understand your position where you have two track cars and wouldn't want to track both. And definitely I understand not wanting to beat up two expensive cars, especially if you have one that is already setup for the track.

I hope I can be one of those 2nd or 3rd owners that will have the opporunity to track an RS so enjoy all your time with both cars and I do not doubt each time you drive the car itll put a ****-eating grin on your face.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brumos-59
Kudos to you. Thats more than 90% of our owners do with their Porsches. We have 3 of those 13 coming to us. Our first one will be completed on the 23rd. You are gonna have a blast in it.
They are made to drive hard. I will oblige. There is no such thing as break in period.
The 13 I mentioned are already produced and shipping. Your 23rd completion is the remaining 200 plus to be produced. By now, I'm certain the number has risen.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by prodrive0
Hope I didnt come off as attacking you, I understand everyone has different wants and needs for these cars and I am envious that you are in a positon to own two of the greatest street legal track cars Porsche has made. For me if I had the opportunity to own one I know I would want to track it all the time so I'm trying to understand your position where you have two track cars and wouldn't want to track both. And definitely I understand not wanting to beat up two expensive cars, especially if you have one that is already setup for the track.

I hope I can be one of those 2nd or 3rd owners that will have the opporunity to track an RS so enjoy all your time with both cars and I do not doubt each time you drive the car itll put a ****-eating grin on your face.
Nope. We are good. I fully understand your opinion and agree with you more than I do myself. It's just I already have one that is seriously fast. Melts my bumper I drive it so hard and fast, and have seen 205 on the speedo digital readout.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brumos-59
We have 3 of those 13 coming to us. Our first one will be completed on the 23rd. You are gonna have a blast in it.
The 13 I mentioned are already produced and shipping. Your 23rd completion is the remaining 200 plus to be produced. By now, I'm certain the number has risen.
Mine went CMPPRD yesterday so maybe delivered to coincide the March release date that was mentioned by another owner.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by sayboy
Mine went CMPPRD yesterday so maybe delivered to coincide the March release date that was mentioned by another owner.
I beg of you to post pics when you get it.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Factory clear bra?

Looks great

Adam

Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I beg of you to post pics when you get it.
Yes, of course! VIN# 3611 BTW. There is a range of at least 14 built cars now, based on a posting over on Rennlist. 3597-3611.

All of us (fortunate, lucky bastards) getting an early delivery have a moral obligation to those patiently waiting to post pics

Have to mark those picture threads as NSFW though...lol

Not Safe For Waiters! Haha...too painful

Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
Yes, of course! VIN# 3611 BTW. There is a range of at least 14 built cars now, based on a posting over on Rennlist. 3597-3611.

All of us (fortunate, lucky bastards) getting an early delivery have a moral obligation to those patiently waiting to post pics

Have to mark those picture threads as NSFW though...lol

Not Safe For Waiters! Haha...too painful
Can't wait to see that blue/whitegold. I wanted the color but bailed and ordered sissy grey/black

Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmag
Mine completed production over 2 weeks ago and I believe made the first of two boats this month. However Porsche district manager told my dealership RS's won't be released until March. Not sure why and hopefully wrong.
You better let me know when it comes in! Stop by the house so I can check it out.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gunther
You better let me know when it comes in! Stop by the house so I can check it out.
Will do.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by rmag
Will do.
Yeah. Bring it by my house too!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Yeah. Bring it by my house too!
The drive is a bit. Plus you have your own to play with

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Factory pics of my GT3RS